Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining a Credit Union

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Re: Joining a Credit Union

Call and ask.

Mine told me that the inital HP is good for 60 days.

I'm sure they're all different tho.

Message 11 of 14
Lordberkman

Yes. It was all of one pull. Took about 3 min. My Experian "plus"score is 675. Told him and he said I qualified for 5.99. He ran my credit and through his experian hard pull I was a 687. Got me the 2.99% and the 15k cc
Message 12 of 14
James82
Regular Contributor

I just joined a local CU yesterday, even though I tried getting in a week ago, never any mention of a HP for membership and nothing has popped up on SW, CS, CK yet. My issue was with chexsystems. I had a collections from another bank account that I handled last month and it hadn't updated yet. Had to show it was paid. They said they do use TU normally for credit pulls and I told them I was going to apply for an auto loan soon (ended up applying today actually) and they told me they could pull Equifax if I'd rather them do that. Told them that'd be great!

Starting Score: EQ 574 - 08.28.13
High Score: EQ 714 (10/18/13) EX 686 (1/6/14) TU 664 (1/6/14)
Current Score: EQ 686 - EX ____- TU ____

Message 13 of 14
Lordberkman

Credit unions seem to be the way to go for rebuilding/thin credit.

Here is a quick question. I will post to groups As well

While I am in the "application" process with the cu, and I know the check on my report has not hit yet, should I try and app for another card somewhere else, ie another cu or Amex,citi, or chase. My hp from Experian is a 687 with 4-6inqs.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.