Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint rental collection

tag
Mama-j
Contributor

Joint rental collection

In 2010 I jointly put my name, mom and brother on apt rental. I helped out because mom just had her foreclose and my credit was somewhat ok. Fast forward a year later they want to moved out to a better location apt. In their rental it says they have to give 30 days written notice which is normal and they also sent my mom a reminder letter. My mom is prettty old and English is not her first langguage, even though I told her to make sure to turn in the notice letter she of course didn't. She went to the leasing office to pay her rent and told a lady that was there she doesn't want to renew her lease and asked if she needs to sign anything else, this lady said no that she will make a note of it. Fast forward a couple of months later all 3 of us received a collection letter for the full amount of rent. I called the apt office and they just didn't want to listen and keep saying you owe the full month rent. We of course don't feel it's right, specially because my mom, brother and husband worked really hard to clean the apt, it was spotless. I told them I agreed she was somewhat at fault, but they were too since the lady told her she was fine and no written aggreement needed, they in turn told me they have high turnover for employees but they were not at fault because it was stated in the contract.

Now I have this collection for $789 from IQ Data Intl and I want to just get rid of it too. I did tried talk to them early this year trying to pay it off less than it was. They said I can pay $450 to remove my name only, but I want all 3 of our names off. Because this is my biggest baddies and I can pay this off in full can I ask them in my PDF for all 3 of our names off? Should I send 3 diff PDF for mom, me and brother? Or ask in one letter?

Does anybody has any experience with this CA they can share with me?

Starting Score: 2/22/12: EQ 530, TU 553, EX 528(lender). 12/4/12 (rebuilding starts)= EQ 599.
Current Score: 1/4/16: EQ 743, TU FICO 724, EX 737.
Goal Score: 750 all across.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Joint rental collection

Actually if you send a PFD to have all references of this account deleted from the CRAs, it should cover all 3 of you.  Get that in writing first.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
Mama-j
Contributor

Re: Joint rental collection

Awesome. Thanks.

Starting Score: 2/22/12: EQ 530, TU 553, EX 528(lender). 12/4/12 (rebuilding starts)= EQ 599.
Current Score: 1/4/16: EQ 743, TU FICO 724, EX 737.
Goal Score: 750 all across.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.