Did you mean: 

Journaling My Rebuild

tag
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Re: Journaling My Rebuild

@Anonymous wrote:

@BmoreBull wrote:
Do you know how old the original account is and when it is due to fall off ? If it’s updating every month or even just renewing itself ever so often, it’s definitely dinging your scores. And it’s also the CA doing it intentionally to ding your scores, one of the games they play. I would honestly see if they could go down a little further. Is the original account from ATT still on your report? If so does it show a balance or just 0 and charged off?

Hi @BmoreBull, the original account was with ATT and it's about 1 year old.  The OC (ATT) is not listed on my reports at all in anyway, it's just the CA, they placed themselves on my account again this month after they removed themselves for two months.  So every few months it's like I have a new collection.  I think the settlement offer is too high, I am going to see if they can come down.

I would also check with ATT to see if they still own the debt. They usually sell these things for pennies on the dollar , so they may be willing to offer you a settlement for less and recall the CA. Just a thought. Good luck.

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took myself off as an AU on citicard, score dropped by 9 pts. on TU.  I am waiting to see what EQ does.  Sucks, cause those 9 points are life when your trying to rebuild, lol.

Still waiting on the charge off's to update on my reports.  THe only one that has updated so far was Merrick Bank.  Amex and Synchrony are still showing as charge offs with balances, with 79-99% utilization being reported.  Hopefully, will recieve a nice score bump when they update.

NFCU cash rewards has not updated to my reports as of today.  I wonder what is taking so long, anyhow, I have been using the card and paying it off as I go, I dont want any surprises when it comes to reporting a balance.  I would like the balance to be reported as zero for the first month.  

I made a settlement with a Sprint collection, being handled by Source Recievables Collection Agency.  Agreed to pay in full if they do not place on report.  My first payment with them was today, I have two more payments to make (they gave me 3 months to pay it off).  

Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to report that another Charge Off account updated as settled and it boosted my EX 34 points!  EQ and TU have not updated yet, but I am so excited because EX is and has been my lowest score for a long while, however, it's now it my highest score at the moment.  I went from 572 to 606, just for the synchrony co reporting as settled.   Patiently waiting for the other two CA's to update the account.  Also waiting on Amex to report as PIF.

In other news,  NFCU CC still has not reported to the CA's.  Ive read that it will report after the 2nd statement which will post in the next two weeks or so.

Fingers crossed, hopefully my scores will keep climbing!

Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so, I just checked TU site and my score on there went from 591 to 614, due to sychrony CO reporting as settled.  However, my FICO didnt update with TU Fico scores, only my EX Fico score updated today.  I wonder why?  Shouldnt all 3 update if they have been updated? 

Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex updated with Experian only today, recieved another increase of 12 points according to my Experian, experian is currently at 618.  That's a total of 46 points in the last 24 hours.  Hopefully, my Fico scores will update soon.  

Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

So with all of the updating, EQ Fico score dropped, due to the CO account being dormant.  Hoping to see a recovery soon.

Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update to FICO scores

Synchrony CO updated on EQ, lost 8 points on FICO--595 to 587

Amex CO updated on EQ, lost an additional 5 points on FICO--587 to 582

Synchrony CO updated onTransunion gained 2 points on FICO--587 to 589

Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

June 11th UPDATE

Fico Scores as of 6/8/20

EQ: 587

TU:  586

EX:  621

Although all of my paid charge off’s have been paid and reflect zero, Equifax is the only one that still shows a balance on the Merrick Bank Charge off, which was paid over a month ago.  I wrote a letter to them disputing the amount and mailed it off yesterday.  I’m not sure why they are lagging behind when everything else updated.  Hopefully, they will update the balance to zero.

I was surprised by my utilization with my self lender credit card.  Last month was the first month that they reported and they showed  $25.00 balance.  My CL is $125 so that put me at 20% utilization.  This month, I put 2.00 on the card and it reported as 1% utilization, but my FICO score did not change.  I thought that I would see a boost being as though I crossed a UTI threshold, but nothing.  Here is the alert below:

FICO® SCORE CHANGE
621Your score has not changed since 06/08/2020
Your score may be affected by additional information in your credit report - learn more.
View score history
DETAILS
COMPANY NAME
LEAD BANK
UTILIZATION PERCENTAGE
20%1%
BALANCE AMOUNT
$25.00 $2.00
What does this mean?
Dispute this change

In other news, NFCU card still has not reported, but I am only approaching my 2nd statement on the 14th, so hopefully it will report soon thereafter.

COLLECTIONS:

I tried disputing the inaccurate medical collection on my report, however, it came back verified.  So, I am out of options there. 

I am currently still making payments on my sprint collection with source receivables, tomorrow is my 2ndpayment to them and after that I will only have one more payment remaining.

Sunrise Credit Collections was removed from my report, due to the account being inaccurate and I disputed. This is a win, but again my score did not change when it was removed from Experian. 

COLLECTIONS LEFT TO PAY

SOURCE RECIEVABLES: 1,487.00

VERIZON: 714 (this is not reporting to myfico, but it shows on EQ)

MEDICAL DATA SYSTEMS: 760

I am also getting an issue resolved with a timeshare that I had.  Hopefully this will be handled soon and my report can heal from the late payments.

All in all this month has been challenging, I understand that it is a marathon and not a race and I am proud of my progress so far. 

Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

June 11th UPDATE

Fico Scores as of 6/8/20

EQ: 587

TU:  586

EX:  621

Although all of my paid charge off’s have been paid and reflect zero, Equifax is the only one that still shows a balance on the Merrick Bank Charge off, which was paid over a month ago.  I wrote a letter to them disputing the amount and mailed it off yesterday.  I’m not sure why they are lagging behind when everything else updated.  Hopefully, they will update the balance to zero.

I was surprised by my utilization with my self lender credit card.  Last month was the first month that they reported and they showed  $25.00 balance.  My CL is $125 so that put me at 20% utilization.  This month, I put 2.00 on the card and it reported as 1% utilization, but my FICO score did not change.  I thought that I would see a boost being as though I crossed a UTI threshold, but nothing.  Here is the alert below:

FICO® SCORE CHANGE
621Your score has not changed since 06/08/2020
Your score may be affected by additional information in your credit report - learn more.
View score history
DETAILS
COMPANY NAME
LEAD BANK
UTILIZATION PERCENTAGE
20%1%
BALANCE AMOUNT
$25.00 $2.00
What does this mean?
Dispute this change

In other news, NFCU card still has not reported, but I am only approaching my 2nd statement on the 14th, so hopefully it will report soon thereafter.

COLLECTIONS:

I tried disputing the inaccurate medical collection on my report, however, it came back verified.  So, I am out of options there. 

I am currently still making payments on my sprint collection with source receivables, tomorrow is my 2ndpayment to them and after that I will only have one more payment remaining.

Sunrise Credit Collections was removed from my report, due to the account being inaccurate and I disputed. This is a win, but again my score did not change when it was removed from Experian. 

COLLECTIONS LEFT TO PAY

SOURCE RECIEVABLES: 1,487.00

VERIZON: 714 (this is not reporting to myfico, but it shows on EQ)

MEDICAL DATA SYSTEMS: 760

I am also getting an issue resolved with a timeshare that I had.  Hopefully this will be handled soon and my report can heal from the late payments.

All in all this month has been challenging, I understand that it is a marathon and not a race and I am proud of my progress so far. 

Congrats on the progress!

You are coming right along!

I know it is hard waiting for updates and score changes, but hang in there!

It took a whole month for my CA to update/delete, so they can be slow. I think EQ was the slowest to post the change.

Good luck with the rest and keep us posted!

Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! @Anonymous 

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.