Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement Removed

tag
2BFREE25
Valued Member

Judgement Removed

What kind of an increase could I see when a judgement is removed?
Starting -
EQ: 505
TU: 528
EX: 503
- Short term goal: 560
- Long term goal: 750
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgement Removed

Depends...three months ago...I finally got my fathers judgment removed from my reports...after 4 months...and only got +8 points...I was re-bucketed...I was MAD!!!
Message 2 of 10
2BFREE25
Valued Member

It may not be much, but I'm still happy that it was removed. No complaints.
Starting -
EQ: 505
TU: 528
EX: 503
- Short term goal: 560
- Long term goal: 750
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

2BFREE25 wrote:
It may not be much, but I'm still happy that it was removed. No complaints.

True- Having it removed is always a plus, regardless of score change.
If it is your only PR, then likely a few points, but as sly said, if you get rebucketed, that may offset some of the increase. However, I have read that those who experience rebucketing rebound at a pretty decent rate.

Being rebucketed isn't always a bad thing and doesn't always mean that you will not gain very many points.

If it isn't your only PR, maybe not any at all.
Message 4 of 10
ladyvg270
Regular Contributor

please tell me how you got a judgement removed what steps do i need to take?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can not always be done ladgv. A lot has to due with who filed it and when.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder is correct about being re-bucketed.  I have TU reporting a forclosure and im not touching it even tho it is not accurate.................I like that bucket im in!
Message 7 of 10
sailon
Valued Member

Can someone explain to me what rebucketing is. I did a search and found threads on this but I'm still not sure I understand. I also had a PR removed and my TU FICO dropped about 15 points.

Thanks
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sailon wrote:
Can someone explain to me what rebucketing is. I did a search and found threads on this but I'm still not sure I understand. I also had a PR removed and my TU FICO dropped about 15 points.
Thanks

Yeah ... same here!!!

Honestly, I don't know much about all this stuff at'all, but I have to say, I know what I do know ONLY because of the wonderful, kind posters here!!!!

Kudos (and then some!!) to all the contributors here!!
*looks in Sidewinders, Happy's, Timothy's, Cybele's and Sly's (just to name a very few!) directions!!*

*toast!*
Message 9 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@sailon wrote:

Thanks

Sailon, what happened is that you were moved from one category (with a PR) to another category (w/o a PR). You are now being compared, from a FICO standpoint, to those w/o PR. Sometimes, people take hits when that happens, but the good news is that it gives you the opportunity to experience gains that you otherwise wouldn't with the PR on your reports. Not everyone experiences a drop as a result of a rebucket either. It all depends on what else is in your report and how those things compare to the new bucket.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.