Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement Vacated!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement Vacated!!

So after freaking out for the last two weeks about a judgement (right before underwriting) that was paid prior to the court date....I learned today it has been dismissed and vacated!!  One less hurdle in the way of homeownership now but I'll take it.  Thanks for the advice!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgement Vacated!!

Congratulations!  What steps did you need to take to have it vacated?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

That's the way to do it!!  Congrats to You!Smiley Happy

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ptrutkowski wrote:

Congratulations!  What steps did you need to take to have it vacated?

I went to the circuit courthouse and they told me to contact the lawyer who filed as it would be faster to accomplish.  Otherwise I would have had a hearing to do it.  I called the lawyer and after explaining what happened they made the motion to vacate.  Received paperwork two days after of what was being sent to the court and learned today it went through as being dismissed/vacated.  The judgement though wasn't that bad to start with...it only knocked me down 9 points since it showed as a satisfied judgement (Equifax anyway) not sure about the other two.  I'm just happy it's gone no matter the point gain Smiley Happy  Thanks again!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.