Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement help - PDF or Restrictive endorsement

tag
rredstick9
Valued Member

Judgement help - PDF or Restrictive endorsement

I have an account that was sent to Portfolio Recovery associates and then to Howard Lee Schiff that apparently went to court.  There is a judgement filed against me that is unpaid.  I will pay for it if the judgement is deleted.  Do I negotiate with the Court, Portfolio or Law office of Howard Lee Shiff.  Motion to vacate instead?

Would the check written with Restrictive endorsement?  If so, how do I ensure it gets deleted and who takes care of the deletion?  

I feel like there are so many parties involved and options, I do not know where to begin and what the best course of action is.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Judgement help - PDF or Restrictive endorsement

@rredstick9 wrote:

I have an account that was sent to Portfolio Recovery associates and then to Howard Lee Schiff that apparently went to court.  There is a judgement filed against me that is unpaid.  I will pay for it if the judgement is deleted.  Do I negotiate with the Court, Portfolio or Law office of Howard Lee Shiff.  Motion to vacate instead?

Would the check written with Restrictive endorsement?  If so, how do I ensure it gets deleted and who takes care of the deletion?  

I feel like there are so many parties involved and options, I do not know where to begin and what the best course of action is.  

One needs to negotiate with the current owner of the judgment or the attorney representing the owner. I would make offer to settle it in return for filing of motion to vacate. Writing a restrictive endorsement does not guarantee anything, i would get letter in writing from owner or their rep prior to paying it off.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.