Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement paid but reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement paid but reporting

I have 4 Judgements Smiley Sad

2 are due to fall off May & June this year (already fallen off of Experian)

the other 2 are on til 2020, but show on CR as unresolved, even though there have been paid 

is is there a way to dispute this to have them removed or at least reflect as Paid in Full and resolved/satisfied????

I am sure these would help my scores Emensly!

please any help

1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Judgement paid but reporting

The updated status of a judgment is obtained by the CRA from the public record posting.

The first step is thus to check the current public record posting of the judgment to see if the judgment creditor notified the court of the satisfaction.

The rules of civil procedure mandate that the judgment creditor notify the court when the judgment has been satisfied.

If the public record has not been updated, then either the creditor is at fault for not having provided notice to the court, or the court has failed to update the public record to show satisfaction of the debt.

Once the public record is corrected and accurate, then update in your credit report is simply a matter of notice to the CRA to update their check of the public record.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.