cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement pfd question

tag
jimmydes

Judgement pfd question

I have a judgement in the amout of 4000 dollars. it was deleted from trans union when i sent a verification letter. but still remains on equifax and experian. The judgement is not in collections. the judgement belongs to erie insurance. i was wondering if i can do a pfd letter to erie insurance or does that only work if the judgement is in collections?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Judgement pfd question

You can PFD anyone.   You could PFD the insurance company and ask them to vacate the judgment.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Judgement pfd question

First, the creditor may not even have been the party who reported the judgment to the CRA, and thus may have no authority to report its deletion.

Public records are often entered into a concumer's file through public record searches commissioned by the CRAs.

Second, the creditor cannot vacate a judgment.  Only the court can vacate its judgment.  The prevailing plaintiff may file a motion on your behalf, which the court may or may not entertain, based on their practice or state statutes with regard to vacating their judgment based on its satisfaction.

What type of "verifiation letter" did you send to TU?  Was it a dispute?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.