Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement reporting to CRAs

tag
sisco
Valued Member

Judgement reporting to CRAs

I've read on several posts that there are outside agencies who report judgements and it is not the courts that do.  What type of agency does this?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Re: Judgement reporting to CRAs

i was under the impression that it was the county clerk recorder's office that reports the judgement.  because when there's a judgement against you, it gets sent to the county clerk's office and the abstract judgement gets recorded and becomes public record.  but i do stand corrected on this.

Message 2 of 17
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

The county clerk doesn't report. Its the data trolls who comb the court house records for dirt & report it to the credit bureaus for what I assume would be a fee. They are like papparazzi selling incriminating photos to tabloids.

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 3 of 17
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@sassymomof2 wrote:
The county clerk doesn't report. Its the data trolls who comb the court house records for dirt & report it to the credit bureaus for what I assume would be a fee. They are like papparazzi selling incriminating photos to tabloids.

+1  sassymomof2 is correct......It's the data trolls.Smiley Sad  That is why some judgments are reported while others are not.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 17
sisco
Valued Member

Geesh!  While I understand that due to its ruling a judgment becomes public record, in my opinion, it is borderline an invasion of privacy.  For it to be reported to credit bureaus social security numbers are then somehow tinkered with by outside agencies.  How can they do this? 

Message 5 of 17
Booner72
Senior Contributor

public record

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 6 of 17
sisco
Valued Member

But for a judgment to appear on one's CR, their social security number has to be sought after.  Right?

Message 7 of 17
Booner72
Senior Contributor

No - they use addresses/ names to get on your CR - SSN is not needed for something to report to the CRA's.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 8 of 17
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

That's why the CRA's get it wrong.Smiley Surprised

Entering a judgment on the wrong persons CR,because they only have names and addresses to go by.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 9 of 17
sisco
Valued Member

What?!  CRAs shouldn't allow this type of reporting!  It's haphazard!  If their claim to fame is that they report correct information, then they should verify what's being reported and in correct fashion.   A scum agency took a judgment that I paid before the court date and shows it reporting as open/unpaid on my CR.  The judgment happened over two years ago.  I need to hire an attorney to carry this further to show that it was paid because the scum plaintiff will not answer my requests to follow-thru with showing it was paid, even though I have all documentation verifying it.  What a system...

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.