Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgements

tag
2BFREE25
Valued Member

Judgements

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a judgement removed from a credit report? I know that this is hard to do, but I want to give it a try.
Starting -
EQ: 505
TU: 528
EX: 503
- Short term goal: 560
- Long term goal: 750
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgements

You do not want to disput it as that will update it.

If you have the money  you can try to PFD it....this would be sent to the creditor that filed the judgment
Message 2 of 12
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

But if it is disupted online, with whom is it verified?  One of my creditors who had a judgement against me 4 1/2 years ago agrees that it should not be on my report.  He said that if I dispute it, the credit union will not verify.  It only shows on Equifax, which makes me think that it is something the Equifax picke up on their own.  I can never actually get a person on the phone at Equifax during the times I am home from work to ask if they are going to seek verification from the courts or from the CU.
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have done alot of research in this area over the past few weeks. I have a 6-year old judgment as well. CRA purchase court records "Judgments" from various sources such as Lexis Nexis. They are the ones who normally verify Judgments but the CRA will not let you know this at first. I have talked with Court Clerks and all say they do not verify Judgments but Creditors do. Not always the case. If the OC is willing to remove the debt they will have to have the Judgment Vacated, you can then send the Vacated Court Order to the CRA and they must remove. I know that Lexis Nexis maintains a database back to Jan of 2002. This is inline with the 7-Year fall off to date. I would proceed with the dispute, 50-50.
Message 4 of 12
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

Wow thanks for this info pawpaw Smiley Happy  i have a judgements in my cr back in 2004,and it says that it was paid & it will drop from my cr in 04-2011.
I have tried to disputed it several times hoping it will be deleted,but it comes back valid .
Anyway finally i decided last month to called the LAW OFFICE & CA who filled for this case,and they told me that they have no idea what paper works do they have to do were i can take it to the court .  
So i went to the same court where the judgements was filled,and i found out that i have to go back to the LAW OFFICE who filled the law suit or to the CA .

PLEASE DOES ANY ONE KNOWS WHAT KIND OF DOUCOMENTS  DO I NEED TO PRESENT TO THE COURT FOR TAKING OFF THE JUDGEMENT FROM MY CR . Smiley Happy  THANKS

Message Edited by creditdream on 05-08-2008 12:06 PM
Message 5 of 12
2BFREE25
Valued Member

Have you had any success at all?
Starting -
EQ: 505
TU: 528
EX: 503
- Short term goal: 560
- Long term goal: 750
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have the plaintiff file a satisfaction form and after that gets in file a "motion to vacate judgment" form.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who would you get to file the motion to vacate the judgement?  Would it be the OC or CA?  I have a recent judgement that was paid.  I called the law office to get the satisfaction  letter sent to CRA's.  they agreed.  DO I need to get them to to sent the motion to vacate the judgement?

Thanks
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can type it up and send it yourself.

Here is a general format.

---------------------------------------------(begin page)---------------------------------------------------

STATE OF xxxxxxxxx             )                                   IN THE xxxxxxxxxxxxx COURT

)SS:

COUNTY OF xxxxxxxxxxxxx   )                                   CAUSE NO. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   

NAME OF PLAINTIFF IN CAPS

Plaintiff,

VS.

NAMEOF DEFENDANTS IN CAPS

Defendants.

MOTION TO VACATE DEFAULT JUDGMENT

COMES NOW, *Your name here* (Defendant), and  respectfully requests the Court to vacate the judgment entered because he was never properly served. Defendant also filed bankruptcy and this debt was discharged on **** enter your own reasons****.

Respectfully Submitted,

Date: April 22, 2008                                     _______________________________

*your name    *                            

APPROVED AND SO ORDERED this ________day of ________, 200___.

JUDGE

Distribution:

*Put the Plaintiff's lawyers name/address here.*

*put your name/address here*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***2nd page*****

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE

I hereby certify that the foregoing was served upon by placing a copy in the United States mail, first class and postage prepaid, this 21st day of April, 2008 to:

*lawyers name and address here*

__________________________

*your name*

Message Edited by persephone on 05-13-2008 01:53 PM
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That mangled my formatting a bit...the space where the judge signs should be rt justified under the date area.

eta: also should NOT be double spaced like that. (sigh)

Message Edited by persephone on 05-13-2008 01:54 PM
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.