Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment Deleted, Score goes down 9pts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgment Deleted, Score goes down 9pts?

So through a lot of work I got a big judgment deleted from my EX report. It was for $2448, I have one more that I am trying to get deleted for $802. I was really excited about it and decided to get my fico score. I get it and my score went down 9 pts!! WHat? I for sure thought it was going to go up. No new inquiries since the last time I got my score and no new accounts so I thought it was going to go way up, but no luck. Seems to be the story of my life...
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgment Deleted, Score goes down 9pts?

Cheer up! You score went down most likely (i'm not an expert here) for lass credit history on your report. however, the positive effect of one less public record over the next 6 months is going to greatly outweight the negative of shorter history.

Also, during manual reviews, any mortgage lender would do one, it will look sooo muuuuch better. 

Message 2 of 11
lafishy
Regular Contributor

I'm no expert, but I've read that sometimes you're "rebucketed" if you make improvements to your report. Since FICO scores are partly based on where you stand relative to other consumers, the better you get, the better the people you're scored against are. So, you might have been rebucketed.

On a selfish note, can you talk about how you got your judgement deleted?

TU Fako 640 (6/4/08), EXP FICO 605 (6/11/08), TU FICO 624 (7/3/08), EQ FICO 663 (6/9/08), EQ FICO 669 (8/18/08), EXP FICO 668 (8/18/08), TU FICO 663 (9/22/08),
EQ FICO 669 (10/6/08), EXP FICO 671 (10/6/08), TU FICO 714 (10/21/08)**TU FICO 3/27/09 736, EQ FICO 3/27/09 712**
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

A judgment wouldn't constitute "history" ... public records, AFAIK, don't read that way.

Chances are, your score went down because you're now being compared to a gazillion Americans who have only ONE judgment on their CRs (in a nutshell). Pure and simple, you've changed "buckets." Congrats ... that's a GOOD thing!!

You might also notice, if you have any other baddies on your CRs, when you get that last judgment off, your score will drop even more. That's because you'll be compared to a gajillion other Americans who had NO judgments -- you will have been placed in a better bucket, still!!

While it sucks and it feels crappy for your score to go down due to something that SHOULD be great, it IS great. With the judgments, you had a cap as to how high you can go, score-wise (LOW 700s, I think). But with the judgments GONE, the sky is your limit!! Smiley Happy

At least, that's how it was explained to me when the similar thing (tax lien) happened to me!!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lafishy wrote:

"On a selfish note, can you talk about how you got your judgement deleted?"

Well, I was looking at my reports and saw the judgments, I went to the courthouse got the information about the judgments and I noticed that they were both reporting the wrong filing dates on my reports. I disputed with Experian and Equifax because they are only reporting on those 2. Experian sent me an email this morning and said that they deleted the larger of the 2 judgments, I am still waiting to hear about the other judgment from Experian and I haven't heard anything yet from Equifax. So we will see what happens.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh gosh, seriously we can get "rebucketed"??? 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Althought the judgment remove from your CR. However i think the CA can still garnish your wage, freeze your bank account...hopefully i am wrong Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
uphillbattle

Hello everyone, I am a newbie to the forum.  I have been cleaning up my credit for the last 8 months and I have seen progress.  In relation to the judgment, I have 2 total, one of which I just sent satisfaction of judgment letter to all 3 agencies. I had to call EQ this am and tell them to READ the document I sent them.  It clearly states to "vacate" which means the agencies have to delete the record.  I am curious to see what my score will be.  This one was from 2006 for $1043.  My remaining one is for $5000 from 2005.  I wonder if the deletion of the newer one will yield me some points???
Message 8 of 11
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Yes you get rebucketed. I had the same score drop when two of my judgements got deleted. But my scores have not seen good increases since then.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been checking my judgments since you stated that you had one removed for the wrong file date. 

My reports on all have the wrong file date and wrong case number.

Did you send in copy of your judgments to prove them wrong or did you just dispute and let them check the court house?

Thanks for your response so that I may get my straightened out. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.