2NE1
Established Contributor

Judgment Questions -- thank you to those that helped! ^^

Deleted -- Thanks to those that helped! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Judgment Questions, Job in Jeopardy! Please Help!

I didn't see in there, how does this affect your job? 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 6
2NE1
Established Contributor

one word: classified

Message 3 of 6
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Just because you have one old judgement (which is not a large amount) does not mean you will be denied your security clearance. Before you can be denied a clearance they will interview you and be up front and honest about everything. When you have the opportunity to give them the information before they dig it up it goes a long way. I got TS with a 560, foreclosure and 8 medical collections. FYI even if you get it removed from CR more than likely they will find it anyways.

Message 4 of 6
GregB
Valued Contributor

If you questioned proper venue (location of court), you would have needed to do that before court. Once you showed up, they might give you some consideration for showing up but would have likely continued once you were present at that point. That would have also taken care of proper service since you appeared. If service had not been proper, they would have just served you on the spot.

If you had any questions about SOL, your contract, signature, original debt, CA license, or interest/fees these should have been brought up at court or before.

If there were any payment arrangements to work out due to financial considerations, that should have been done it court.

The short version is that your court date was where all of this would normally get settled. If you were there and didn't bring up anything, it is mostly too late.

If you want a copy of the judgement you can request that from the court.

The time for appeal was probably a certain number of days after the judgement.

You might talk to a lawyer but it seems likely to be difficult to get an outcome that would help you at this point. However, I know nothing about FDCPA violations so that might be helpful.

You might work out a deal with them to vacate the judgement but I can't imagine why they would want to do that and accept less than owed unless they have little hope of collecting the judgement.

Message 5 of 6
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: Judgment Questions....

@GregB thanks for the advice, I know this all sounds too late for me to take action. I knew nothing about any of these three years ago and I was scared and lost when the court date was given to me. My family could not guide me and I couldn't afford a lawyer either.

@Tryon2improve I sent ou a PM!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.