Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment Removed From EQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgment Removed From EQ

I had 2 judgments showing on my credit report.  One was valid and the other was showing up as a duplicate of the 1st.  The valid judgment was cancelled.  I sent this in to all 3 CRAs and EQ deleted both of them.  I noticed this on my TC report but I never got a score increase from Myfico.  Shouldn't it have at least bumped my score up 1 point?  The judgment was filed in 2004 and was cancelled in 2005.  I know they have less impact after 2 years, but come on, 2 judgments off and no score increase?

In retrospect, EX listed the same judgment 3 times.  I sent them the same thing I sent the other 2 CRA.  A CERTIFIED copy of the CANCELLED judgment.  I got a letter in the mail from them today asking for proof.  Isn't a certified copy of the cancelled judgment proof?  Of course, you can NEVER get in touch with a REAL person at EX.  It is only their stupid automated system.  Any ideas on where to go from here?

TU hasn't deleted the judgment yet.  They are the only ones that listed it once, but it has only been a week since I sent a copy of the cancelled judgment.  I think they will delete as well.

Message Edited by JewelryGirl on 07-15-2008 04:01 PM
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgment Removed From EQ

Do you have any other PR on your report?

If not, I can only assume that you were rebucketed(a good thing) and this is why you didn't gain points.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a number.

Experian
800 493 1058
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is the only PR I have.  What does rebucketed mean?  I know you said it was a good thing, but I have no clue what it means.  Lol. 

Also, I called the number above, and I still couldn't talk to a live person.  Any suggestions?

Message Edited by JewelryGirl on 07-16-2008 06:02 AM
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Rebucketing" is when you're compared to other people with roughly the same amount of credit history, number of accounts, account mix, public records, etc. Now that you have no PRs, you're no longer being compared to others that DO have them (which I can only imagine FICO sees as the "naughty people").

So while you're now being judged against those with better credit (so to speak, since I'm going to assume that the average person does NOT have a PR on their CRs), you didn't compare favorably with them. BUT, in the long run, that rebucketing merely opens you up for better credit and you should see increases with time and other repair efforts.

Rebucketing stinks at the get-go when you're looking for immediate gratification (I love seeing those points gain, too!!), but in the long run, you're closer to better credit and better rates than you were before!!

Congrats!!! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the explanation.  I soon hope to see at least a slight jump in my credit score.  I have plenty of GWs out, so hopefully something will change soon.
Message 6 of 14
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Congrats.....Keep up the good work.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have made me a goal list.  I have 9 collections that need to come off my credit report.  I would love to get them all removed this month, but in reality, I am hoping for at least one a month. 

I will pick one day of the month that I will pull all of my FICO scores to see what increases I have made.  It is definitely worth the money while trying to repair.  Hopefully in a year, my scores will be at least 650 across the board.
Message 8 of 14
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

When I had my judgment removed, I saw no increase at all whatsoever.

I was really, really disappointed. I thought all my hard work was for nothing, but my scores quickly started going up from then forward.
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 14
butterflygirlinluv
Regular Contributor

FretlessMayhem wrote:
When I had my judgment removed, I saw no increase at all whatsoever.

I was really, really disappointed. I thought all my hard work was for nothing, but my scores quickly started going up from then forward.

Fret, how did you get your judgment removed...or anyone for that matter? I paid mine last month, and have yet to see anything updated on my CR..the lawyers office said they cannot remove it, just say that is was satisfied...help!!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.