Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment Settlement offer letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgment Settlement offer letter

Hello all,

First off I want to thank all of the great people on this website I have been following several of the forums for the last 6 months since I found this site. Which has help me and some friends better our credit.   

Below is a letter I compiled from several sources (if you were one of the sources and would like to be cited please pm me) for a settlement offer on a judgment. First off I need to state that I am not a lawyer and or any form of legal representation. I type this letter to help out a friend if you decide to use the letter in part or whole you assume all risk associated with its use, up to including the loss of all assets, limbs, life and or anything else not mentioned. Basically USE AT YOUR OWN RISK as I am just a regularly Joe nobody that knows nothing about the laws of your state county municipality, city, and any other jurisdiction. This statement covers the original poster as well as anyone suggesting modifications and or corrections or posting any response what so ever. As I have already mentioned USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Now that the legal stuff is out of the way I am posting this asking for any revisions you would make if you were using this yourself and or any suggestions. Any and all comments are welcome thank you in advance.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is response to the default judgment filed in FILING COUNTY county on DATE JUDGMENT WAS FILED in the amount of $DOLLAR AMOUNT OF JUDGMENT plus interest and attorney fee’s known as (“account”), Between PARTY THAT FILED A JUDGMENT represented by scumbag attorney known as (“ Scumbags”(common name for judgment filing party))  and Your name, individually, and your company( only if judgment was against you and your company) collectively known  as (“ANGEL” common name for you throughout offer). All parties are collectively referred to throughout this settlement offer as “parties” This offer is effective today’s date.

This is an offer to amicably settle the aforementioned account. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of any liability for this debt in any form. I recently sought counsel in regards to filing for chapter 7 Bankruptcy. My attorney advised me that I do meet all the qualifications to file, but before I decide to exercise any drastic remedies, that I should try to seek settlement for the judgment. If a reasonable settlement is not reached, I am prepared to exercise my rights and file for chapter seven Bankruptcy.

I will pay your company the amount of $(OFFER AMOUNT) as full settlement of this account and all associated interest and attorney fee’s.

Continued on next page

If you accept this offer, I will send you certified funds for the settlement amount of $(OFFER AMOUNT) in exchange for a signed release of judgment lien, a sworn promise to never report the aforementioned account with OC(original creditors name) its Successors and or Assignees to any Credit Reporting Agencies, If the debt has and/or is currently being reported to any credit bureau then a letter of deletion will be given to ANGEL, full satisfaction of the debt and judgment, vacating the judgment of this debt, and that Scumbag has not sold, transferred and or assigned the account to any other person or entity, and promises not to sell, transfer or assign said account. This offer is binding by all laws of the State of your state and should be construed as a legal binding offer for settlement of aforementioned account between all parties.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare an official agreement on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Scumbag. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of the State of your state and your county County.

For reasons of speed as well as expediency, your letter must be postmarked within 5 days and or a fax offer must be sent to the information below. Otherwise any correspondence will end, further offers may be considered in the future, but we may elect our right to file chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Continued on next page

Please address all correspondence regarding this settlement to:

Your name

Good mailing address at which certified mail can be received

For matters of speed and urgency you can fax offers to:

Fax number

att: angel

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgment Settlement offer letter

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

First off I want to thank all of the great people on this website I have been following several of the forums for the last 6 months since I found this site. Which has help me and some friends better our credit.   

Below is a letter I compiled from several sources (if you were one of the sources and would like to be cited please pm me) for a settlement offer on a judgment. First off I need to state that I am not a lawyer and or any form of legal representation. I type this letter to help out a friend if you decide to use the letter in part or whole you assume all risk associated with its use, up to including the loss of all assets, limbs, life and or anything else not mentioned. Basically USE AT YOUR OWN RISK as I am just a regularly Joe nobody that knows nothing about the laws of your state county municipality, city, and any other jurisdiction. This statement covers the original poster as well as anyone suggesting modifications and or corrections or posting any response what so ever. As I have already mentioned USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Now that the legal stuff is out of the way I am posting this asking for any revisions you would make if you were using this yourself and or any suggestions. Any and all comments are welcome thank you in advance.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is response to the default judgment filed in FILING COUNTY county on DATE JUDGMENT WAS FILED in the amount of $DOLLAR AMOUNT OF JUDGMENT plus interest and attorney fee’s known as (“account”), Between PARTY THAT FILED A JUDGMENT represented by scumbag attorney known as (“ Scumbags”(common name for judgment filing party))  and Your name, individually, and your company( only if judgment was against you and your company) collectively known  as (“ANGEL” common name for you throughout offer). All parties are collectively referred to throughout this settlement offer as “parties” This offer is effective today’s date.

This is an offer to amicably settle the aforementioned account. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of any liability for this debt in any form. I recently sought counsel in regards to filing for chapter 7 Bankruptcy. My attorney advised me that I do meet all the qualifications to file, but before I decide to exercise any drastic remedies, that I should try to seek settlement for the judgment. If a reasonable settlement is not reached, I am prepared to exercise my rights and file for chapter seven Bankruptcy.

I will pay your company the amount of $(OFFER AMOUNT) as full settlement of this account and all associated interest and attorney fee’s.

Continued on next page

If you accept this offer, I will send you certified funds for the settlement amount of $(OFFER AMOUNT) in exchange for a signed release of judgment lien, a sworn promise to never report the aforementioned account with OC(original creditors name) its Successors and or Assignees to any Credit Reporting Agencies, If the debt has and/or is currently being reported to any credit bureau then a letter of deletion will be given to ANGEL, full satisfaction of the debt and judgment, vacating the judgment of this debt, and that Scumbag has not sold, transferred and or assigned the account to any other person or entity, and promises not to sell, transfer or assign said account. This offer is binding by all laws of the State of your state and should be construed as a legal binding offer for settlement of aforementioned account between all parties.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare an official agreement on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Scumbag. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of the State of your state and your county County.

For reasons of speed as well as expediency, your letter must be postmarked within 5 days and or a fax offer must be sent to the information below. Otherwise any correspondence will end, further offers may be considered in the future, but we may elect our right to file chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Continued on next page

Please address all correspondence regarding this settlement to:

Your name

Good mailing address at which certified mail can be received

For matters of speed and urgency you can fax offers to:

Fax number

att: angel

One of the funniest letters I have ever seen.  If the judgment creditor's attorney is half-way intelligent, he'll laugh at it, too.

First of all, only the court which rendered the judgment can have it vacated.  Payment alone of a judgment is seldom grounds for vacating.

More importantly, threatening to file for bankruptcy is not only infantile, but just the mere mention of filing for bankruptcy can be reported to the credit bureaus as "Consumer indicates pending bankruptcy" and then you can kiss any open accounts in good standing goodbye -- including pending mortgage applications.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edited

O6- I appreciate all comments as I said in the original post as I know I am new to the forum but not new to the credit world. I have seen thousands of credit reports in my line of work and have never seen and or even heard of that verbiage being reported. Just to make sure I was correct before I posted this I even called several friends and colleges to ask them some of the people work for profession credit repair companies one of them works for an agency that supplies credit reports to lenders and other companies of their sort., ALL of them have never seen or heard of that verbiage. I am not saying it can't happen I am just saying that it is highly unlikely.

Next if you think it is a "funny" attempt please offer some suggestions on how to fix it. I should of said in my original post " all constructive criticism is welcome".

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Edited

O6- I appreciate all comments as I said in the original post as I know I am new to the forum but not new to the credit world. I have seen thousands of credit reports in my line of work and have never seen and or even heard of that verbiage being reported. Just to make sure I was correct before I posted this I even called several friends and colleges to ask them some of the people work for profession credit repair companies one of them works for an agency that supplies credit reports to lenders and other companies of their sort., ALL of them have never seen or heard of that verbiage. I am not saying it can't happen I am just saying that it is highly unlikely.

Next if you think it is a "funny" attempt please offer some suggestions on how to fix it. I should of said in my original post " all constructive criticism is welcome".

I've seen thousands, too, and I've also seen the effects of an individual who thinks they can bully a creditor into submission with the magic word "bankruptcy".  A credit can report to the CRAs a warning that the consumer has indicated plans to file BK -- and I have seen them do it.  Now, would the creditor you are dealing with do that?  Guess it depends on just how lucky you are.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Think I have to go with 06 on this one.  I speak 4 languages and this letter wasn't written in any of the ones I know.  You need to realize that less is more.  Keep everything simple and don't try to speak in Lawyerese, it really doesn't work on anyone who actually knows the law.   Keep everything simple clean and concise, you'll come off looking more intelligent and more like to get what you need.   IMHO    But goodluck to ya!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.