Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment appeared on CR after 5 years

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Judgment appeared on CR after 5 years

I got an alert from Credit Seseme that a judgment has appeared on my credit report...a judgment from 5 years ago! I knew about it and am actually making payments on this judgment but for some reason it was never reported on any of the three credit bureaus until now when it popped up out of no where. I called the court to get some info and apparently the creditor just filed to renew the judgment last month and it was granted earlier this month, which I guess caused it to start reporting. On the bright side I guess it does show the original judgment date of 2008 and says it's scheduled to drop off the reports in Sept 2015, was afraid the 7 year reporting would start now.

Anyone ever had luck with trying to settle a judgment for less than what is owed? There's about $8,000 due...what would be a good stragegy to try and settle? 25% of what's due? 50%?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Judgment appeared on CR after 5 years

Some will, some won't but it certainly never hurts to ask.

I would start with an amount that if they say no, you would still have room for negotiations.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.