cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment removed, yay!!! Score goes down 20 points...boo.

tag
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Judgment removed, yay!!! Score goes down 20 points...boo.

Again, in more of this nonsensical world we call credit, an 11 month old judgment was removed yesterday from my TU report.

So I kept myself up at night wondering how much this would help me score...I mean it HAS to help, right?

I mean it's a less than year old judgment,  this should improve it 10 pts.....20 even?....maybe even 50, right?

Nope, it goes down 20.

Gotta love it.

Rebuilding is one big joke. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgment removed, yay!!! Score goes down 20 points...boo.

Wish I could tell you why but I can't.  I had 13 collections and 1 judgement removed, then added 2 AU cards and my score dropped.  Go figure.

Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@MANNING2379 wrote:

Again, in more of this nonsensical world we call credit, an 11 month old judgment was removed yesterday from my TU report.

So I kept myself up at night wondering how much this would help me score...I mean it HAS to help, right?

I mean it's a less than year old judgment,  this should improve it 10 pts.....20 even?....maybe even 50, right?

Nope, it goes down 20.

Gotta love it.

Rebuilding is one big joke. 

If this was your only derog on file, then you have been re bucketed by Fico. I am assuming the score you are referring to is a Fico.

Message 3 of 8
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

If this was your only derog on file, then you have been re bucketed by Fico. I am assuming the score you are referring to is a Fico.

No, this was not my only derog on file.  Yes, I only deal in Ficos..

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the FICO gods can often be capricious and vindictive. They seem to punish some consumers seemingly at randon for no apparent reason while rewarding other for things that are 'supposed' to be damaging. In my case I gained some points when a ten year old, totally positive, never late, payed off auto loan dropped.

Your frustration is well understood by many.

Message 5 of 8
newstart2010
Blogger

I've had this happen where the score drops when it should rise, and rises when it should drop.  Some times it never makes sense.  But at least for 90%of the time you can expect things to happen a certainway.

ifyou have other baddies thenjust keep workingon it and you will be on the fast track.  Sorry about the drop.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 6 of 8
kjel
Established Contributor

Sounds like you got rebucketed. I had a two year old judgment vacated and I had a 20 point drop, no gain, and a 2 point gain. It was irritating but a couple more months of on time payments and low util brought increasing scores.

Credit scoring is maddening. When you rebuild they go up and down and up again. At first I got big jumps in scores but more recently its a couple points here and there. Just remember that it's a journey and the better scores will come as you resolve your baddies and rebuild your credit. It's taken me 2.5 years to rebuild from my rock bottom 514 to the 720s. 

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally feel for ya!

This just happened to me on Monday. Had a public record finally age off my reports, along with 51pts!!! I was in shock. All this hard work I've been doing and then this drop. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.