Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2009 medical bill

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

July 2009 medical bill

I had a current bill from 2012 that I asset up a payment arr with the hospital and I decided to pay it off... However the system still pulled my agreed amount from cc although the acc. Was paid off. I called the hospital to receive my money back and they told me they moved the over payment to an old bill from 2009 that they sent to collections and noted ad a bad debt. Can they do that, I screamed at the women in frustration... I know nothing about this and never heard about the collection company that are no longer in contract with them as she advised.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ScottTee

Re: July 2009 medical bill

...what?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, let me correct didn't know my computer was changing my words. I paid off an acct last week that was from early 2012. I set up a pymt arrangement but I decided to pay it off although I had more pymts scheduled to come out of my acct. the hospital still took out the agreed amount although I paid the account off the week before. I called to ask about the over payment and they advised that I had an unpaid bill from 2009 and they have moved my balance to that account. the rep stated that the account was written as a bad debt and was sent to collections. I never received anthying from the ca. Nor do I recall this bill.  Can they just move my money around like that, although they written the acct off after one year of non payment?

Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I would say no in this case.  They took money from your account that no agreement was made on.  I would use that as leverage.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.