Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just an Update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an Update

Hi there, for those of you who read and replied to my post last year: Thank you so much!

I wish I was here to say things went great, but they did not. Unfortunately, I had a break down last year and ended up in the hospital and lost my job for almost a full year. The secured card I did get after raising my score racked up over $300 (2x the CL) in monthly interest (it was at it's CL of $300 when I went down) in the year, and then I was hit with a few thousand dollars worth of hospital bills in Collections.

My score is now 492 TU and 505 EQ. 491 according to CreditWise.

The good news is that while I was down, I was still able to pay my student loans thanks to my fiance, so those never went back into default/bad payment status. They are showing as Good standing.

My credit card was showing 120-149 Days late, now shows 90-119 Days late after paying around $200 of it off. Once I receive my taxes this month, I'm paying it all off.

My collections accounts are now up to 7. 6 are from hospital stays.  $6,146 total.  I'll be paying the small balances off, but I have three balances that are over $1,000 that I pretty much will never be able to pay.

That's just an update. I'm still very serious about rehabilitating my credit, I just wish this past year (literally 1 year since I posted) was when I was able to do it. I think I'll be able to figure things out this upcoming year, though.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Just an Update

@Anonymous wrote:

The good news is that while I was down, I was still able to pay my student loans thanks to my fiance,

Have you applied for "Indigent Care" at the hospital?  If not, do.   Hope you are feeling well, sounds like you have a great fiance!  ....that's better than credit of any sort!  HeartAll the best to youHeart

Edit to add:  aka" Financial Assistance"

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 4
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

If you need any credit advice just send me a pm.GOOD LUCK...

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice! Yes, I have. The hospital bills are completely taken care of, the issue is the physicians have their own billing and have billed me separately, those are what are in collections, unfortunately. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.