cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just how high can your FICO score go with baddies still on your report???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just how high can your FICO score go with baddies still on your report???

For example... unpaid CO with several 120 day lates that are 5 years old... doing everything right otherwise.. 3 revolvers that are practicing the AZEO method.. 1 installment loan at less than 9% utilization...

question is... how high did your scores get before your last big baddies went away? what do you think the limit is with that horrible stuff still reporting?

TIA

9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just how high can your FICO score go with baddies still on your report???

@Anonymous wrote:

For example... unpaid CO with several 120 day lates that are 5 years old... doing everything right otherwise.. 3 revolvers that are practicing the AZEO method.. 1 installment loan at less than 9% utilization...

question is... how high did your scores get before your last big baddies went away? what do you think the limit is with that horrible stuff still reporting?

TIA

120 lates are equivalent to a CO. 750 is pretty much the top I have seen with someone having a derog on file right at the CRTP. I had a BK-7 Dismissed on file with everything else clean and obtained 739 2 months before its drop date and I asked for an early exclusion on it, moved on up to 805 when it dropped. Scores I mention are standard Fico 8

Message 2 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

That would depend on type of baddie, really. 

With minors like single aged  30 day late, I've seen scores as high as 770. 

Situation you described is not a minor and will hurt as long as it's on CR. I would guess around 60 points till it rolls off. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes it absolutely is as bad as a collection account.. (or several) with several 120s reporting. it's good to know the score doesnt have to stay in the 500s until it falls off.. but oh what a wonderful day it will be when it finally does! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 4 late payments with navient federal loan. 2 in 2015. (Jan/Feb) and 2 in 2018. (Mar/Apr) plus 1 collection for verizon cable. First late dec 2014.

"Current" fico 8 661, 670, 682. My scores will increase by 20-30 points by fall. So high 600s to low 700s..Even with all that. So it's hard to answer your question as it's very profile dependent.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU was 652. I had them EE two individual 60 day late student loans and my car repo/charge off. I went to 706 and I still have 

my BK until 8/2020. 

Derogs hurt, no doubt, and they hurt as long as they’re on your report, the impact just lessens after a few years. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my scores is a little over 800 and the other two are in the upper 700's. This is with two lates, 30 & 60, from the Fall of 2013, which I am still fighting. I have one charge off also from the Fall of 2013 that is listed on two CR. One CRA agreed with me and deleted the reporting. The CO only updates on one CR. I have given up my fight with them. I have a total CL of over $170K. Utilization is under 1%. Eight HP, which include a cell phone HP from 12/18. Four are over a year and one comes off next month. One auto loan from 8/14 which I owe less than $20.00 (Yes, twenty dollars) and the last payment is due in 8/19. Average age is over three years with one CRA posting over 4 1/2 years. Oldest card reporting and it's closed is listed at 23 years.  Most recent approval was 11/18, not counting the phone.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ran across an older thread a few days ago where the FICO theorists had concluded that the top score for a “dirty” scorecard was somewhere around 770 (I can’t find it so I’m going off memory so I could be off)

The main thing I definitely remember is that is was above 720, which is all that matters for my FICO goals.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I ran across an older thread a few days ago where the FICO theorists had concluded that the top score for a “dirty” scorecard was somewhere around 770 (I can’t find it so I’m going off memory so I could be off)

The main thing I definitely remember is that is was above 720, which is all that matters for my FICO goals.

I think I've seen similar comments. You can get above 700 at least. You're right, being above 720 will be pretty good. It won't be as great as 800+ but it'll open enough doors.

I see some of the cards that people with baddies have, and I figure it'll be okay—eventually! 

Message 9 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Some have seen this chart thats been on here and I like to use it. Its not profile exact. But you could take your score now and see where it might be as the yrs go by. Nothing is perfect spot on. And as we say. YMMV.

fico8 lates versus time.png

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.