Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just paid off all cards except one

tag
collics
Established Contributor

Just paid off all cards except one

I told myself when I received my tax refund I would pay off my last couple cards. Only 2 left are nfcu card that's been carrying a $4.5k+ balance since about June and Discover which only has about a $600 balance all w the 0% apr offer for a year they offered existing cardholders this past fall.  The remaining cards get pif each month if I use them. 

Didn't want to pay everything  to $0 of course so I left the Discover alone and just paid $4500 for the navy card. It hurt a little lol But I spent it so I have to pay them back. 

If my math is mathing $673/$31800 should leave 2% utilization down from 20%. Hoping for at least a little bump. If not still happy to have that debt off my back. 

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Just paid off all cards except one

Hell yeah (wo) man. You got that AZEO going on!

Message 2 of 8
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats on getting that done! Now the thing to do is control the spending and put that extra money spent on paying debt to work for you.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nice. You'll see a nice bump since you went below the 8.99% threshold. Report back on what you ended up with. Dont go down that road again. If you cant pay it. Dont charge it. That is when the 0% offer is over.

Message 4 of 8
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

@collics wrote:

I told myself when I received my tax refund I would pay off my last couple cards. Only 2 left are nfcu card that's been carrying a $4.5k+ balance since about June and Discover which only has about a $600 balance all w the 0% apr offer for a year they offered existing cardholders this past fall.  The remaining cards get pif each month if I use them. 

Didn't want to pay everything  to $0 of course so I left the Discover alone and just paid $4500 for the navy card. It hurt a little lol But I spent it so I have to pay them back. 

If my math is mathing $673/$31800 should leave 2% utilization down from 20%. Hoping for at least a little bump. If not still happy to have that debt off my back. 

WOW!  Nice job.  Look at those score increases.  Nice.

As other have stated, please refrain from going down this path again (whatever that might mean).

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
collics
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1  @HowDoesThisAllWork  Thank you. Absolutely won't be putting myself in this position again. Finally able to use my cards responsibly. Better late than never I guess.

Will update the boards once everything update. Navy statement already cut for Feb so likely wont see outcome until mid March.

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 6 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@HowDoesThisAllWork wrote:

@collics wrote:

WOW!  Nice job.  Look at those score increases.  Nice.

As other have stated, please refrain from going down this path again (whatever that might mean).

Dont let history repeat itself.

Message 7 of 8
Borealis
Regular Contributor

Congrats on chipping away at your debt and getting control of your credit. I bet it's like a big weight has been lifted off your shoulders! Remembering how this feels should help you keep things in check going foreward. Way to go!

March 2021- FICO8: EXP 549 / TU 571
November 2023 - FICO8: EXP 794 / TU 795 / EQ 836

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.