cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just paid off some large debts. What is the fastest way to get my report to update?

tag
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

Just paid off some large debts. What is the fastest way to get my report to update?

I was just able to pay off a few of my largest debts. My credit utilization has been the biggest drag on my credit score. Also, my DTI has been near 50%

Now that I’ve paid off a big chunk of my debt, I am finally in a position to take out a car loan. My current vehicle is very old and is going to need some big repairs very soon. Also, I’ve found a good deal on a late model used car I’d like to jump on. I really would like to be able to apply within two weeks, if not sooner.

Looking over my report, it appears the biggest creditors have already reported for the month. What is the best way for me to get this updated faster? My credit score is good enough to qualify for a auto loan now, but the DTI is the main problem.

I was wondering whether doing an online dispute could speed up the process. Are there other ways to get the report updated faster?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Just paid off some large debts. What is the fastest way to get my report to update?

No, a dispute wouldn't speed anything up. If anything, it'd slow things down even more because the bureaus would put your disputed accounts on hold while they do their investigation which may end up taking a lot longer than a couple of weeks. I understand you want to jump on that deal, but being patient is all you can do right now.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 5
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

Re: Just paid off some large debts. What is the fastest way to get my report to update?

Definitely not the news I wanted to hear, but thanks for responding!
Message 3 of 5
calyx
Super Contributor

You can always call the lenders and request an off cycle report.  Some will do it, some won't.   Either way it wouldn't hurt to try.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 4 of 5
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

Thanks Calyx! Good idea!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.