Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just payed of 2 spectrum collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just payed of 2 spectrum collections

After the advice I got here last week I decided to call the CA to try for a pfd, that was no help they said spectrum is the only one who could do that which confused me. So I call spectrum and they inform me that once the collections are paid they automatically send out a request to the CA to have the collections deleted.

I called twice to verify, recorded both phone calls and paid the debt off. I took down the names and the employee ID numbers also in case this doesn't happen which they said should be within the next 7 days so we shall see. Seems like a good deal if it's true and I have legal recourse if it isn't. Dv
14 REPLIES 14
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Just payed of 2 spectrum collections

That's awesome, congratulations! Let us know when they get removed from your reports, thanks!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

CRA policy clearly instructs debt collectors not to delete based on payment of the debt.

Only the debt collector can report deletion of their own collection.

The creditor cannot either report deletion, or require their debt collector to do so.

The creditor can only request their debt collector to delete, but cannot compel them to do so.

While having names of parties who made incorrect statements to you may be basis for a complaint of poor business practices to the BBB, it is not basis for establishing a contractural agreement to delete.  A party cannot contract with the consumer by agreement that another party who is not part of the contract must do something.

You may be able to sue the creitor for false representation in order to secure payment, but you cannot sue the creditor or the debt collector for lack of deletion by the debt collector of their collection based on averments made by the creditor.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

CRA policy clearly instructs debt collectors not to delete based on payment of the debt.

Only the debt collector can report deletion of their own collection.

The creditor cannot either report deletion, or require their debt collector to do so.

The creditor can only request their debt collector to delete, but cannot compel them to do so.

While having names of parties who made incorrect statements to you may be basis for a complaint of poor business practices to the BBB, it is not basis for establishing a contractural agreement to delete.  A party cannot contract with the consumer by agreement that another party who is not part of the contract must do something.

You may be able to sue the creitor for false representation in order to secure payment, but you cannot sue the creditor or the debt collector for lack of deletion by the debt collector of their collection.

Well I can only tell you what they said and it mirrors what the CA said so I tend to believe them like I said I have all call recorded, I have the time and the money to litigate if need be but these two collections will be removed, from the mouth of the ca and the ocean. Dv

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of right now the collections are ahowing paid and have not been removed yet. I'm calling spectrum tomorrow to inquire as to why they haven't been deleted yet, considering both the CA and spectrum both stated they would be deleted upon payment,which I have all calls recorded. Dv

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke with spectrum and the CA, spectrum again assured me that it will be removed. I called the CA spoke with a supervisor and they said yes this does happen with spectrum but no they have not received the order from spectrum, that they would make a notation on the account to get in contact with the department in spectrum that handles this and see what is going on. I will be calling spectrum back in the morning as well. Dv

Message 6 of 15
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Spoke with spectrum and the CA, spectrum again assured me that it will be removed. I called the CA spoke with a supervisor and they said yes this does happen with spectrum but no they have not received the order from spectrum, that they would make a notation on the account to get in contact with the department in spectrum that handles this and see what is going on. I will be calling spectrum back in the morning as well. Dv

Stay on them until it gets deleted! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adkins wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Stay on them until it gets deleted! 

OH I'm planning on it, I'll call daily if I have to. Tomorrow I'm just going to speak with a spectrum supervisor and see if I can get this expedited. Dv

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called spectrum again today, the rep called the department that handles this and they said it takes 30 days minimum and up to 90 days. So he said to keep checking my reports and to call back in one month if nothing has happened yet,again all calls are recorded. Dv

Message 9 of 15
mtditch
Established Member

Congrats! Is this charter spectrum? I have an account in collections with them. I sent an email to the executive office and someone contacted me and basically told me the most they could do was have the collection agency update the account to paid, but they could not delete the record off my report.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.