cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just signed up with My Jewelers Club and New Coast Direct for $10,0000 unsecured boosting

tag
Fx6cowboy
Contributor

Just signed up with My Jewelers Club and New Coast Direct for $10,0000 unsecured boosting

Hey guys, so after being discharged from my chapter 7 it’s been for the most part smooth getting credit. I have learned a lot from you all. I just signed up with the 2 company’s that are in the title post to help me boost my file, here’s a quick overview.

My Jewelry club, many of you have spoke on this company. At first I was like no way, this company looks kind of shady with an old looking website and high prices. But many of you have given good reviews saying that when signed up, everyone is approved for $5k. Well I can confirm this, I signed up yesterday paying the member fee. I was even sent a coupon code ‘ comeback10’ by them taking $10 off the $99 fee making my sign up $89. In order to follow their directions we are supposed to put $100+ in the cart, apply, pay 50% down the boom...$5000 limit unsecured. I think it’s worth a shot because it’s NO CREDIT CHECK, but as always do your own due diligence and make sure the fees do not set you back.

New Coast Direct, I also signed up with them. Same process... pay the fee $99 - no coupon - add $100+ dollars into cart then you’re approved for $5000. The only thing with them is that a credit check IS REQUIRED. Plus their website prices are a ripoff. Tools being the most, charging $500 on average for simple things that’s $50 or less everywhere else. 

Big take away, the fees for both are charged YEARLY however both companies do report to all 3 major CRAs. So it would be $200 a year to keep both of these trade lines open. If this is something that is a deal breaker for you then don’t do it. It’s not worth extra headache!

**UPDATE 02/01/2019**

New Coast Direct just reported the trade line on my credit report. Shows the full 5k limit and reporting under the name MAJR Financial Corp. Due to me keeping a high utililization because I use my CCs like Debit cards and pay them in full every month, I got a 39 point boost on each report. Keep in mind that my utl was 98% now its in the 50s. This is why it was such a big boost. Once the other tradeline from My Jewelers reports, my utl should be around 12% utl which would mean another pretty big boost. Hopefully its another 40+ points. 680 here i come? lol I will try to keep them down at 7% or below over time though.

Started from the bottom now I'm here. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 156
155 REPLIES 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just signed up with My Jewelers Club and New Coast Direct for $10,0000 unsecured boosting

MJC does do a credit check at least they did when I got my account it shows up on Experian.

Message 2 of 156
Fx6cowboy
Contributor

Re: Just signed up with My Jewelers Club and New Coast Direct for $10,0000 unsecured boosting

They haven’t ding’d me yet, only NCD. Hoping to keep it that way lol I’ll update if I’m pulled. But as of right now, no pulls.

Message 3 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will, it appears they wait until they are getting ready to report then they will pull experian. When it shows up expect it to begin reporting within the next 30 days or so. 

Message 4 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep us posted on NCD i was thinking about adding them let me know when they start reporting so i can gauge if I want to add that tradeline as well.

Message 5 of 156
Fx6cowboy
Contributor

Will do!

Message 6 of 156
biglista88
Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing your experience so far. I actually just signed up for both MJC and NCD as well. Waiting for MJC to report. Do you know for certain if NCD reports to all 3 bureaus? How long did it take for your account to be fully approved? I signed up today and although I got the preapproval for 5k once I bought something over $100. My account approval says “pending” in my account details.

Thanks for any updates or info you can provide.
REBUILD STARTED (AGAIN) 9/1/2023

Current Scores 4/4/24

“Breathing new life into a dead credit file”
Message 7 of 156
Fx6cowboy
Contributor

I have already received my order from MJC. Still wanting on my NCD order. But to answer your question, my account was no longer pending 24 hours later. None have reported to my credit yet though, but hopefully I’ll see them reporting in the next 45 days.

Message 8 of 156
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

You should probably delete that "Platinum Spade"

Just sayin'  00AAsmiley-face-cool-2.gif

Message 9 of 156
biglista88
Regular Contributor

My NCD account status has moved to “approved”. So here’s to hoping on fast and consistent reporting from MJC and NCD. I’ve already received my order from MJC as well. When these two begin reporting, my UTI should go from 97%—>33%. Looking forward to a nice increase.
REBUILD STARTED (AGAIN) 9/1/2023

Current Scores 4/4/24

“Breathing new life into a dead credit file”
Message 10 of 156
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.