cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just signed up with My Jewelers Club and New Coast Direct for $10,0000 unsecured boosting

tag
MovingOnward
Valued Member

Re: Just signed up with My Jewelers Club and New Coast Direct for $10,0000 unsecured boosting

Hello! Did you see a decent point jump in your credit when MJC began reporting? I’m thinking of applying, to quickly bring down my utilization %.
Message 11 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just signed up with My Jewelers Club and New Coast Direct for $10,0000 unsecured boosting

So these are sure fire methods to get these cards? Will it work with a poor FICO score?
Message 12 of 156
biglista88
Regular Contributor

If you currently have high utilization ,( like many people with poor Fico scores), these two credit lines should help you decrease overall utilization. Therefore giving you a boost in score. Plus having multiple credit lines reporting as open and in good standing will certainly help your score over time.

I’ll update you guys when MJC and NCD show up on my credit report and what improvement in scores I see.
REBUILD STARTED (AGAIN) 9/1/2023

Current Scores 4/4/24

“Breathing new life into a dead credit file”
Message 13 of 156
Fx6cowboy
Contributor

**UPDATE 02/01/2019**

New Coast Direct just reported the trade line on my credit report. Shows the full 5k limit and reporting under the name MAJR Financial Corp. Due to me keeping a high utililization because I use my CCs like Debit cards and pay them in full every month, I got a 39 point boost on each report. Keep in mind that my utl was 98% now its in the 50s. This is why it was such a big boost. Once the other tradeline from My Jewelers reports, my utl should be around 12% utl which would mean another pretty big boost. Hopefully its another 40+ points. 680 here i come? lol I will try to keep them down at 7% or below over time though.

Started from the bottom now I'm here. Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 156
Fx6cowboy
Contributor

Oh am i doing the Spade thing wrong? lol I though you pick how long you're wanting to not pull your credit. Guess I will go get the baby leaf. lol

Message 15 of 156
biglista88
Regular Contributor

Very nice score increase! Congratulations on that. I’m hoping for a similar outcome. Still waiting for both to report. If you don’t mind telling me, can I ask what day did they report? And when did you sign up exactly? Thanks!

Current Scores 4/4/24

Message 16 of 156
Fx6cowboy
Contributor

Thank you, and I only see the account posting on Experian for now. I am sure it will be on the other reports soon. I got MJC and NCD on January 14th 2019, both on the same day. I received both items 10 days later. And it shows on Experian's website that the account reported to experian on Feb,01,2019.

I am sure though that if I refreshed all of my reports today on myFico it would show up on all 3.

Message 17 of 156
biglista88
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info! I’ll report back with any score changes when my accounts report.

Current Scores 4/4/24

Message 18 of 156
biglista88
Regular Contributor

**Update as of 2/3/19**

Both accounts have reported to TU ( up 22points). Only MJC has reported to EX (up 29 points). EQ hasn’t updated yet with either, (up 9 points).

Current Scores 4/4/24

Message 19 of 156
Fx6cowboy
Contributor

Nice!

As for me both of cards are posting now. Just to get it out of the way, I’ve already paid the first payments even though they’re not due until the first week of March. If anyone knows of any other similar cards that report to all 3 credit bureaus let me know. 

Message 20 of 156
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.