cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just signed up with My Jewelers Club and New Coast Direct for $10,0000 unsecured boosting

tag
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Re: Just signed up with My Jewelers Club and New Coast Direct for $10,0000 unsecured boosting

I paid the $150 on May 2 and I have not seen it on my credit report yet, but, I also got the email today about my monthly statement. So hopefully soon.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 71 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just signed up with My Jewelers Club and New Coast Direct for $10,0000 unsecured boosting

Any updates?
Did you sign up with both of them at the same time
Message 72 of 156
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I only signed up for MJC, because that's the only one that reports to all three bureaus. And anyway, I think it would be diminishing returns to an extent in my case, as I also have a $25k AU card coming online soon.

It has not appeared on my credit reports yet. I'll post here when I see it show up.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Message 73 of 156
toi34
Established Contributor

@MrsCocoZ wrote:

Thinking about applying for DSx Any updates?

Thanks

DSx Design is a SCAM!!! They'll string you along, but never report!

Don't Do It!!!
This company makes money off of the $79-$99 membership fee that is non-refundable. I applied in April, ordered a product and it arrived about two weeks later. I expected my $5000 credit limit to report to the bureaus after May 20th, but it did not and today is May 29th! MY ACCOUNT SHOULD HAVE BEEN REPORTED WITH THE MAY 20TH CYCLE, BUT IT WAS NOT. When I called CS I was told that there was "an extra step" that I needed to take before they would report my account to the bureaus, so after I complete this "extra step" my account will now be reported with the JUNE 20TH CYCLE, and should appear on my credit reports BETWEEN JULY 20TH-30TH. WTH???? 3 months later!!!! No thank you. I was also told that their system is not set-up to issue refunds, so my membership fee is buh-bye! 

Message 74 of 156
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

MJC is also relatively slow reporting. I suppose there's a cost on their end to report, or a work backlog or something. I wouldn't go so far as to use the word "scam" unless it literally never reports, but, it's exasperating as a user to pay for it to report and then need to wait a long time.

Capital One is also being very slow to report my secured card, though (applied late April - card arrived early May - they tell me it will report in July), and I do not think Cap 1 generally has a reputatation for being slow to report, so maybe it's a matter of missing a monthly deadline by a day, so you then have to wait an extra 30 days, something like that. For most people, getting stuff to report to a credit bureau isn't really that urgent, so they may not be aware how meaningful it is for a lot of their customers, or maybe they think it's a small enough market not to really worry about as far as word of mouth.

Message 75 of 156
DR527
Regular Contributor

Has anyone personal had DsX report to their credit reports? And if so can you screen shot it for me. I want to sign up but a lot of people say that months go by and DsX still have not reported. I want some actual proof before I sign up.   

Message 76 of 156
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

@DR527 wrote:

Has anyone personal had DsX report to their credit reports? And if so can you screen shot it for me. I want to sign up but a lot of people say that months go by and DsX still have not reported. I want some actual proof before I sign up.   

Check page 6.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 77 of 156
mcrosby37

MJC update. As of June 2, 2019, still not showing up on my reports. Approved around April 24 and statement was email on May 21. Representative told me that they will report the beginning of June. As of June 2 not showing yet. Usually when your statements are ready your accounts get reported by the next day. Dsx Design seems to be worse or about the same. I order an item and I still haven't received it. It was ordered in April. They claim I had to verify my identity before they can report to the bureaus. I later sent in my documents and it is still processing as of June 2. I have already made 2 payments on my order and still no order or credit report showing. I'm hoping this company isn't a scam. I'm getting pissed off.

Message 78 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't really be calling anything a scam based on how slow they report.  If that was the case, American Express would be a scam also.  

Message 79 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

: Just signed up with My Jewelers Club and New Coast Direct for $10,0000 unsecured boosting

Well when the person has not even received their product it credit reporting it could be a scam
Message 80 of 156
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.