cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just some info about Professional Account Management, LLC and unpaid parking tickets

tag
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Just some info about Professional Account Management, LLC and unpaid parking tickets

There was a recent thread about unpaid vehicle citations, or parking tickets. In my experience, once I paid DC DMV in full on their own website, Professional Account Management deletes the account fairly quickly. I believe it was within a week.

I found the dunning notice that I thought was thrown away. It says "In accordance, with instructions from the District of Comumbia Government, once we have received your payment in full, we will request that TransUnion and Experian permanently delete your delinquent account record from their files. Do not contact the District of Columbia Government for credit bureau inquiries."

So anyone with unpaid parking tickets in DC, just pay it. It'll get deleted. My DH has had plenty of parking tickets in DC, and the only 2 that are left on his CR are the ones we haven't gotten around to paying yet.

Smiley Happy

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Just some info about Professional Account Management, LLC and unpaid parking tickets

Message 2 of 9
sybo40
Regular Contributor

Re: Just some info about Professional Account Management, LLC and unpaid parking tickets

AAAAAAAAAAAH...THANKS for this!  I have a couple from 2009 (someone else was driving my car, didn't tell me about the citations and they went to my old address BEFORE I moved to MD).  I think I might just DV them anyway since a) they are so old and b) I didn't actually get the tickets.

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: TU: 656; EQ: 607; EX: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Good luck! Hope it works out for you...

Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 4 of 9
WhiskeyR
Valued Member

They sent me a letter last week trying to collect on 3 parking tickets. One of them was originally $195 and they wanted $880. They wanted 1250 in all for 3 tickets.

The tickets are from 2005 and they are threatening to report them to the credit reporting agencies. A friend of mine got one of these too, also from 2005.

Planning to ignore.

Message 5 of 9
mauve
Valued Contributor

What state is the address in? I am helping a friend and she has them on her report, but their address is in WI. It is for parking citations, I think, in MI.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
from500to700
Regular Contributor

Thank you very much

Started :
05/05/2013 EX :525,TU:542,EQ:535
09/30/2014 EX :655,TU:669,EQ:664
In Garden Since 03/16/2013
Will not Apply till 03/31/2015
Message 7 of 9
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

@mauve wrote:

What state is the address in? I am helping a friend and she has them on her report, but their address is in WI. It is for parking citations, I think, in MI.

It's in Washington DC. But the return address says Wixom, MI.

Message 8 of 9
Kae_Aye
Valued Member

I was about to send them a DV then I found this on the DC Ticket Collections website:

If my ticket account gets listed with a credit bureau, how do I get it cleared?

Normal practice in the credit reporting industry is to retain a reported debt in history for a period of seven years, even if a debt is paid during this period.  In its current contract with the District of Columbia Office of the Chief Financial Officer, the collection agency has agreed to automatically send an account delete record to the credit bureaus that it utilizes.  This means that the record of your delinquent debt should disappear from credit bureau records within two to four weeks after payment in full is made.  All communication concerning the status of your tickets with credit bureaus should be directed to Professional Account Management, L.L.C. at (866) 353-7145.

http://dmv.dc.gov/service/ticket-collections

Starting Score: 674 Apr 2013
Current FICO EQ Score: 706 Dec 12 2013
Current FAKO TU Score: 699 Dec 3 2013 from CreditKarma
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.