cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just started and very overwhelmed, any help would be appreciated.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just started and very overwhelmed, any help would be appreciated.

Ok, I've been going thru these forums for 2 days now and just the lingo alone is tripping me up.

I got a copy of my credit report thru a morgage company, although I have no intention of buying a home right now.

My scares are EFX 603 XPN 613 TUC 558

I have a past due of $5308 for a Cedit card that I had prior to my marriage but which was used by both my now exhusband & I while we were married. Per the divorce he was responsible for paying that debt  due to the fact it was marital debt. He never paid it. LVNV Funding came after me, so to avaiod getting a judgement I have had 10% of my check taken out every pay period. Im a single mom, who's ex. has moved to florida and has not paid child support, daycare or anything else since he left its been 2 1/2 months. 

After 4 yrs of working at the same job I've decided to open my own business but before I can even begin to do that I need to clean up my credit. I really dont know where to begin.

Here is what is on my report, not sure what else to include.

1.LVNG Funding $5308 collection

2. (2 ) medical Payment both for $408 dated 11/06 & 12/06 Collection

3. American Adjustmetn BU/155 $101 Collection

4. CB of the Hudson Valley - Medical Collection

5. Central Credit - Cental Hudson $66 Collection

There are a few w/ no $amount or say charged off. What does that mean?

I also have 5 that are charge accounts that I no longer have/use. There are no $$ amounts. Term say REV.  I'm ganna guess that is revolving. Should these be removed or somehow updated.

I have one other that says acct in dispute from 8/02. I have no idea what this one is for. credit limit $7500

I keep seeing the the following on the forum

DV, CA, OC, and a few more what are these?

Someone please help.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just started and very overwhelmed, any help would be appreciated.

Charge offs...that were sent to collections...should report a $0 balance...so that's why they is no balance on them...but they still have the right to report...in my opinion...know your SOL...if your out of SOL...send DV letter to all collection agencies...if they verify...send them a PFD letter....if they delete...go back to the OC,,and send them GW letters...for removal of the lates...or the removal of the entire TL...depending on how much the history is helping you...for the medical bills....use the Whychat method...if it applies to you...

www.whychat.5u.com
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.