Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just starting out and confused

tag
jens2angels
Established Member

Just starting out and confused

I recently paid off a judgement for almost 3000 last month that is still not marked as paid. I called the credit place today and she essentially said that I need to go to the courthouse and file that it's paid. She emailed me the ledger stating it's paid in full. I asked about the possibility of getting a waiver of judgement to have it removed since I paid the full amount and she didn't really make a lot of sense. She stated i would again have to go to the court and file a waiver but they cannot do anything, I would have to ask then original creditor to remove it. My judgement was paid off on June 2nd and they have not sent me a satisfaction of judgement paper. I'm planning on going to the courthouse and seeing what they say I need to do, but I was hoping someone here might give me guidance. Also, I went online and disputed medical bills that have been on my file. Experian deleted 4 items, the largest bill being a medical bill for 1500 a dollars. I have been using green path debt management to pay on these bills. This may sound stupid, but since I disputed it and Experian has deleted it,a along with other ones, am I still liable for the debt? I'm fine continuing paying green path to get the bills paid, but if they are deeming it an invalid debt, then I don't want to spend over 2000 paying a bill I really don't need to pay anymore. My main concern is that it's off my report and can hopefully give me a head start on getting my credit well enough for a mortgage. The only two real baddies I have left are two charge off first premier cards and I want to attempt to do a GW to capital one for being 30 days on a car payment on accident. I had filed for an extension and for whatever reason, I got marked down as being 30 days late and that doesn't look good for the lender. I have two of their credit cards and have never once been late. The majority of my problem has always been medical bills. Any ideas or help you can give me, I greatly appreciate it!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.