Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Jewelers 623 response

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kay Jewelers 623 response

Kay Jewelers responder to my 623 dispute stating they found the account and wanted me to call them to get more info.

What would be the appropriate step to take next? Do I call or what do I mail back to them?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Kay Jewelers 623 response

@Anonymous wrote:
Kay Jewelers responder to my 623 dispute stating they found the account and wanted me to call them to get more info.

What would be the appropriate step to take next? Do I call or what do I mail back to them?

I dont know what you are are tying to dispute but I would be giving them a call to attempt to resolve what ever it is.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The furnisher has the authority under the direct dispute statute and rules to hold a dispute as lacking adequate information in order for them to conduct a reasonable investigation of your dispute.

You do not have to respond to theri informal request to contact them.

They are required either to dismiss the dispute as lacking adequate information to permit a reasonable investigation, and communicate that finding to you along with idenrification of what information they require, or to complete their investigation and provide you their notice of results.

They must make that determination within 30 days of filiing of your dispute,and send either a dismissal or a notice or resutls within 5 business days thereafter.

It is your option as to whether you wish to call them.

Personally, I would consider it good business practice for you to do so, but if you dont, they cannot simply ignore your dispute.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just spoke with someone and it was an address verification. She told me that they are reporting correctly but the credit bureaus are not reporting sccuratley. Says the all in one credit pulls are not accurate. I'm confused by this response. What should I do? She says they're reporting a 0$ balance but that is not what I see?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask the oc for a letter and file a paper dispute with the 3 cra''s and attach a copy of the letter
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They still must send written response to your direct dispute.

If their response is the statement that they have accurately reported, and the credit report is inaccurately showing what they reported, then I would concur with the advise to include the creditor's response to your direct dispute as the basis/support for a dispute sent to the CRA that asserts inaccuracy in your file.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.