Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Jewelers Charge Off Removal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kay Jewelers Charge Off Removal?

I am in the process of buying a home and want to see if I can remove a Kay's charge off to help my credit a little. 

The debt was sold to a collection company, I paid them and they removed off my reports but Kay's is still on there as a $0 Charge Off.

I called and they said they cannot remove the charge off because it was sold. 

Is this true? What can I do? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: Kay Jewelers Charge Off Removal?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in the process of buying a home and want to see if I can remove a Kay's charge off to help my credit a little. 

The debt was sold to a collection company, I paid them and they removed off my reports but Kay's is still on there as a $0 Charge Off.

I called and they said they cannot remove the charge off because it was sold. 

Is this true? What can I do? 

They can request it be removed... doesn't mean they will.

Your best bet is to try a good will campaign to appeal to them in hopes they remove it. I have a link in my signature to a thread well worth the read to help you get started with a goodwill campaign. 

If you don't try, they can't say yes... and worse case scenario is they keep telling you no.

Do NOT dispute the account as it will update and hurt your score... FICO will see it as a new charge-off.

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.