Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Plugging Away, It Works!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep Plugging Away, It Works!!!

Thanks to everyone here in helping me with my journey. I started out in January with TERRIBLE credit and today I have a NFCU credit card, a Walmart card, and an Amazon card. I'm very happy with these, now it is time to garden.

I couldn't have come this far without this forum!! I am still in a little shock and there's more baddies to be dealt with (Midland being one of them), but I continue to plug away and destroy a few trees in determination of earning great credit.

Thanks again to everyone who has positively contributed to these forums!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Keep Plugging Away, It Works!!!

Your Welcome. Congrats to YOU! !  Woo Hoo.gif

Thank you for sharing, your wonderful progress.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

can I ask what were your scores when you started out? I think I have the lowest possible scores. LOL and congrats on the good credit!

Message 3 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to everyone here in helping me with my journey. I started out in January with TERRIBLE credit and today I have a NFCU credit card, a Walmart card, and an Amazon card. I'm very happy with these, now it is time to garden.

I couldn't have come this far without this forum!! I am still in a little shock and there's more baddies to be dealt with (Midland being one of them), but I continue to plug away and destroy a few trees in determination of earning great credit.

Thanks again to everyone who has positively contributed to these forums!

WTG!! Thats a great attitude to have about it!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. It does a soul good. There were times I was ready to give up! But I kept coming back here and reading, reading, and reading. I put my knowledge to good use and try to help others.
doddo72, I really have no clue, I was really too scared to check my scores after looking at my credit reports. I knew my scores would be horrible, so I didn't want to waste my money on purchasing my scores - I spent the money on postage, paper, and envelopes!!! Smiley Happy  I do know my FACO scores were in the low 500s (I think one was 496). I hadn't done much to my credit since 2008 when I got divorced and my ex didn't pay the cards as ordered, so my reports have been quiet for 4 years. In the middle of February, I checked my EQ and TU FICO scores and they were 587 and 627. Some baddies have been removed since then, but now I have new lines of credit so I'm sure I'll be dinged.
I do know that I have 24 baddies on EX and now I am down to 7. My inquiries were zero until I started app'ing in late January.
If I could get rid of Midland for fraudulently reporting, I'll be estatic. I will deal with the others if I need, they are 4 years old and they may have to sit there Smiley Happy
I just keep thinking of the little engine that could!!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.