Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep fighting! Success with CA

tag
shakiraa
Established Member

Keep fighting! Success with CA

When I started rebuilding I had two accounts in collections. One old Spectrum acct with Diversified Consultants I paid in full and it was deleted from my report within 2 days of payment.

The other, a Con Ed account placed with Collection Bureau of Hudson Valley,  was paid in full in December and I was told it would be reported as paid in full and then deleted from my report within 30 to 45 business days. I did not get this in writing but I recorded the phone calls. In mid January I called the CA again to verify that the account would be deleted. It was reporting as paid in full and I just wanted to be certain it would be removed. Again, I was told it would be removed by the end of January. Today, the account was still on my report so I called the CA back. I was transferred to a manager who said it is not policy to remove accurate reporting. However, I gave him the date I spoke with his representative and he listened to the recorded call. He said that he would honor what I was told and contact the bureaus today to stop reporting my account. He said it should be updated within 24-48hrs!

I am very happy with how well the conversation with the manager went and I cannot wait to see the last collection removed from my account. Of course I will be calling back by Friday if it is not updated.

11/15/18

3/13/19

4/12/19

7/9/19

NFCU Signature Visa CashRewards - 25,000
NFCU Platinum - 21,400
Capital One Quicksilver - 4,300
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Keep fighting! Success with CA

Hopefully it goes as promised - removing your last blemish should send your scores up big time Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you tell me what how you got Diversified Consultants to PFD? I am running into a wall. This is first post that I found that was able to do it without emailing the CEO. (Which I tried but the CEO has been replaced). The the phone agent help you or did you have to contact management?

thanks

Message 4 of 5
shakiraa
Established Member

After speaking with DC and requesting a debt verification letter, I reached out to Spectrum directly. I was able to pay Spectrum the $150 debt and DC stopped reporting the account within days of payment to Spectrum.

11/15/18

3/13/19

4/12/19

7/9/19

NFCU Signature Visa CashRewards - 25,000
NFCU Platinum - 21,400
Capital One Quicksilver - 4,300
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.