Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting pulled back down!

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Keep getting pulled back down!

Do you have any derogs that are updating?

Message 11 of 18
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

I have 1 baddie, it's always been on my report and hasn't changed the score for good/up or bad/down since being there on this rebuild. It will fall off soon.

Starting Score: 525
Current Score:EX 685 TU 680 EQ 735
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 18
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

UPDATE:
 It look like JCS may have sent my account to Commonwealth Financial Systems Inc. 
The letter states:
Please be advised that your account has been placed with Commonwealth Financial Systems by Jefferson Capital Systems LLC, the purchaser of of the above referenced account. 
We are offering a 50% discount to resolve this account for less than the full amount due.

The legal time limit (statue of limitations) for suing to collect this debt has expired. 

When I try to check the site and the so caled account this what I get.
This site can’t be reached
The webpage at https://www.cfsi-arm.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY

Anyone know about his collection agency, are they legit?
HELP!

Message 13 of 18
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

And I can tell you, Credit Karma's scores can be wildly inaccurate. My Equifax FICO is 634, but Credit Karma says it's something like 580 or something. I've also noticed CK's scores sometimes going up and down over things that don't cause my FICO to budge even an inch. Sometimes CK's score changes can indicate a similar change in FICO, but other times they're meaningless. 

I hate knowing that people get disappointed when they think their scores have dropped like this. I got an alert this weekend that my EQ and TU score dropped more than 25 points. I just laughed because I know it's only CK scores, but it was because my other AMEX account finally posted to my reports. My real scores are in my signature and definitely didn't drop 25 points when that account posted. They actually didn't even drop at all! CK did alert me that my collection was deleted from my TU report, so that was cool and one of the reasons I love CK.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 14 of 18
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@ReEducationOfAnEgoiste wrote:

UPDATE:

It look like JCS may have sent my account to Commonwealth Financial Systems Inc. 

The letter states:

Please be advised that your account has been placed with Commonwealth Financial Systems by Jefferson Capital Systems LLC, the purchaser of of the above referenced account. 

We are offering a 50% discount to resolve this account for less than the full amount due.

The legal time limit (statue of limitations) for suing to collect this debt has expired. 

When I try to check the site and the so caled account this what I get.

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://www.cfsi-arm.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY

Anyone know about his collection agenty, are they legit?
HELP!

You said it was going to fall off soon, but how soon? If it's within the 6 month range, you can call TU, ask to speak to a supervisor, and ask them to delete the collection. I just did it on Friday and they were able to delete it. If the debt is outside of the SOL, I would just leave it alone and let it fall off your reports.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 15 of 18
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

I have one more question about this subject. Being that this is my oldest tradeline and my rebuild is quite new, under a year (5 months). Collection is reported from 2015 (making my AAoA 11 months/4 months without this tradeline) and will fall off in a year.

How will a PDF affect my score.

Message 16 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@ReEducationOfAnEgoiste wrote:
I have one more question about this subject. Being that this is my oldest tradeline and my rebuild is quite new, under a year (5 months). Collection is reported from 2015 (making my AAoA 11 months/4 months without this tradeline) and will fall off in a year.

How will a PDF affect my score.

The only TLs that are included in AAoA in Fico are OCs open and closed. CAs and PRs do not get included in that calculation. From everything else I have seen you post in this thread this is your only derog reporting and when it drops its going to be an increase in Fico scores. With Fico the first 3 revolving cards opened actually increase your Fico unlike Vantage 3 (CKs score) which isnt used by many at all.

Message 17 of 18
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

Thank you very much gdale6. The information is much appreciated.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.