Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep it on, or Take it off? Cap One Account

tag
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

Keep it on, or Take it off? Cap One Account

Question in re: Capital One Account.

I had a Platinum card that was part of my rebuilding process opened in 2015, which is my oldest reporting account.

BUT, around 2017 2018, the account went CO status because my auto bank deposit screwed me up and frankly I should have checked it more.

Anyhow, in 2018, I tried to keep THAT account open, but they placed it in "restricted " status...I cant use the card, BUT it shows a zero balance with a $400 CL ..which I had beforehand. 

Now in 2018 I pitched a fit with them, and got them to open a QS1 card since then, currently at 750$ CL. All payments on 5ime, even though have high UTI right now.

According to my TL, even though the Platinum card shows OK payments for last 2 years [what the heck?] But it STILL shows late payments [30,60,90,120+] between Dec 2016 till Jan 2018.

Questions are

Should I have the TL removes, is it even possible? 

IF I remove it would raise my UTI a little, and lower my AAOA...both score killers, right?

Any chance C1 showing some leniency or even love to any chance of fixing this?

All ideas are on table and welcome! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Keep it on, or Take it off? Cap One Account

You can try GW letters. But Cap1 doesnt budge much. Since its been so long and you have another card with them. They may and maybe may delete it off your reports if the QS1 has been paid on time. Dont get your hopes up. Wont hurt to try. Age wont matter if they do delete it. The lates are killing you more than your change in AAOA's would be if it dropped.

Message 2 of 4
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

You can try GW letters. But Cap1 doesnt budge much. Since its been so long and you have another card with them. They may and maybe may delete it off your reports if the QS1 has been paid on time. Dont get your hopes up. Wont hurt to try. Age wont matter if they do delete it. The lates are killing you more than your change in AAOA's would be if it dropped.

As far as the GW letter, I'll try, but would it be better than say, calling to talk to CSR? Usually they're hit or miss with getting a motivated Rep on the line. But at this point I may try both and see what I get.

As far as getting my hopes up...not a chance. lol...I'm only keep the card open because its the oldest I got, and for the most part I just sock drawer it and use my Disco and Amex instead. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can find the proper email address, you can just send an email instead.

Tbh, it's probably better to try and goodwill the lates. It's unlikely that Capital one would remove the entire trade line unless there was some reporting error on their side. 

If you can, I would recommend trying to product change your QS1 to a card with no annual fee. There is an upgrade link that you can use to check for possible pc options. 

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.