cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep rebuilding credit or Not!? Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Keep rebuilding credit or Not!? Help!

Curious how I seem like one of the illegitimate credit repair services? That literally makes no sense. I offered to assist anyone and answer any questions about specific situations that was it. Wish you all the best of luck sorry I caused an issue was just trying to help. You can go search MOD CUT-PLEASE STOP POSTING PERSONAL INFORMATION.  and will see I have been doing this for YEARS! I wouldn't reach out and offer to assist someone for FREE if I was a terrible person or ran a predatory business. Not everyone in this world is a monster out to hurt people.  

Message 11 of 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@BmoreBull wrote:
The mods must be asleep. 😂😂😂

No, mods are not asleep. 

Message 12 of 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry you feel that way, I have been doing this for almost 17 years and was truly offering to assist he seems like he is getting frustrated and sometimes it just takes someone to explain things in a different way for it to click and make sense, however everyones situation is unique and without knowing what is reporting I have no way of telling him if there are in fact errors on his report. 

You're more than welcome to participate in any conversation.

However, offering your "services" is strictly prohibited by TOS, either on the board or via PMs. 

Those rules are strictly enforced, we value our members and prefer them to get help and guidance versus being taken advantage of during hard times in their lives. 

Message 13 of 23
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Curious how I seem like one of the illegitimate credit repair services? That literally makes no sense. I offered to assist anyone and answer any questions about specific situations that was it. Wish you all the best of luck sorry I caused an issue was just trying to help. You can go search MOD CUT-PLEASE STOP POSTING PERSONAL INFORMATION.  and will see I have been doing this for YEARS! I wouldn't reach out and offer to assist someone for FREE if I was a terrible person or ran a predatory business. Not everyone in this world is a monster out to hurt people.  

There are literally dozens of experts on this site, that have been posting free advice without solicitation or condecension for YEARS. No sales pitches, no "I have been doing this for 17 years!", simply good advice. It appears to me, and to anyone who has been on this forum for years, that you seem to be here only to peddle your services.

Now, I very well could be wrong, and I have made many mistakes in my life. But usually coming into a proven, vibrant community appearing to know all rubs people the wrong way.

If you are here genuinely to support this community than I apologize.

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 14 of 23
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Your credit report is ultimately a snap shot of the last two years of payment history. If your lates are from 2017 and 2018 then the amount those are actually hurting your score is very minimal. 

Removed the rest of the quote as there are quite a few questionable things in this post.

OP, lates do absolutely hurt you. 30 day lates do not sting as much after a couple of years, but 60 day late and anything 90 days or more hurt the entire 7 years, pull down your score significantly, and have the effect of putting you in a lower scorecard. 

The charge offs are hurting too. You can try to goodwill those away. I would not suggest you dispute valid debts as that can come back and bite you. Either they decide its time to sue on the worst case or they update an account that has not been updated in a while and you take a score hit because of that.  Do a search for the goodwill saturation technique and put it to work on all the baddies. They may say no, but they may also say yes. Never know until you try.

Also the poster who said they took people from the 400-500s to mortgage-ready in 90 days is delusional. You may get to FHA low range of 580 in that time with whatever shady techniques offered, but not to a point that your score is rock solid and you could qualify for better rates. Time and goodwills is really the only valid move here.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 15 of 23
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous+

I have been on here for over 4 yrs everyday helping people. In my personal life I have helped 8 Firefighters become homeowners in my dept. I was invited to 8 house warming parties. Im no expert. I just apply what I've learned on here. So 4 yrs to 17 yrs. Its all the same. I can only speak for myself. Tons helped me to get where I'm at after BK in 2015 from this forum. Now I do the same. I dont know how many I've helped on here. But its a team effort anyways. And we are all free, no charge. Just our time to help others rebuild. Some hang out in other ares of the fourm and dont venture in here. I stay here and the BK sub-forum and dont venture out much. You want to post and help. Cool. Feel free cause we are free.
Good Day!

Message 16 of 23
Moni209
Contributor

@FireMedic1 Thanks so much, I will try to goodwill as much as I can since these last things have been a pain to take care of whatever I can't do anything about I will let time do its thing. Last question how do I know the date something will fall off? For a late is it the actual date of the late payment 7 years after? Also charge offs is it the date it went to charge off? Thanks again 

Current Score: 4•29 | EQ 666 | TU 673 | EX 666
Goal Score: 730
Message 17 of 23
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Moni209 wrote:

@FireMedic1 Thanks so much, I will try to goodwill as much as I can since these last things have been a pain to take care of whatever I can't do anything about I will let time do its thing. Last question how do I know the date something will fall off? For a late is it the actual date of the late payment 7 years after? Also charge offs is it the date it went to charge off? Thanks again 

For a late. Its the last month that was negative before it back to normal on time payments. A CO is the date of the CO plus 7. Whatever the last neg before things become normal again. Thats the DoFD as we say here. Cool?

Message 18 of 23
Moni209
Contributor

@FireMedic1 Awesome! Thanks so much.!

Current Score: 4•29 | EQ 666 | TU 673 | EX 666
Goal Score: 730
Message 19 of 23
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Moni209 wrote:

@FireMedic1 Awesome! Thanks so much.!

Your welcome. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.