Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kms litigation firm

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kms litigation firm

Anybody familiar with this firm? I just got a call from them threatening to take me to court for an old cc acct from HSBC. They said it was opened in 2009. I'm not sure when the dofd is, but I think it's approaching the SOL. I didn't acknowledge the debt. They said if I don't resolve the matter, they will put a judgment against me and I will have to pay $4252. If I resolve it with them, I can settle it for $1468. Does this sound right? What should I do? They have all my info for some reason. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kms litigation firm

Also, they said they will garnish my wages if I don't take care of the matter.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on how they said it they could have violated FCRPA. Do you live in a state that allows wage garnishment? My best friend recently had something similar happen and was able to fight them off as they threatened to garnish wages when they had no ability to do so. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Washington. For some reason, I just don't feel right about it. They called a friend of mine...don't know how they got his number and left a message for me. They also said they sent letters to my house (old address) and my work (old work). The guy left a message saying it's his 3rd and final attempt to contact me. When I called, I spoke to a megan Parker from kms litigation about the acct. they seemed to know all my info. Is it legal foe them to call multiple ppl and even my work place? 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I live in Washington. For some reason, I just don't feel right about it. They called a friend of mine...don't know how they got his number and left a message for me. They also said they sent letters to my house (old address) and my work (old work). The guy left a message saying it's his 3rd and final attempt to contact me. When I called, I spoke to a megan Parker from kms litigation about the acct. they seemed to know all my info. Is it legal foe them to call multiple ppl and even my work place? 

Its legal as long as they do not say why they are trying to reach you. You need to get the DoFD before deciding what to do next. If the account is on your reports, then pull your free report from EQ and it will list the DoFD.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's no longer listed on my credit report. Where do I go from here? 

Message 6 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They cannot simply "put a judgment against you" or granish your pay.

They must obtain a verdict from the court in their favor.

Bottom line for me would be an evaluation of whether or not you think they could prevail in court should they initiate civil action.

Is the debt legit?

If it is legit, what is the amount of the principal balance when you defaulted?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The debt from HSBC is legit, but it's been so long (since 2009) that I don't even remember the amount or when I first defaulted. I've never received any notice. I also just recently started checking my credit and trying to work on it. On credit karma, it's under removed collect from midland funding for $665. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The firm is actually called KNS Litigation as know and karmens and michaels. should I call them to validate the debt?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The firm is actually called KNS Litigation as know and karmens and michaels. should I call them to validate the debt?

No, you should send a written DV request asking for the OC name and address, original amount of the debt and the DoFD. Phone request can and are often ignored by these kinds of bottom feeders.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.