cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knock Knock Knockin' on (GOOD) Credits Door - The Rebuilding Journey of Springer (Kyle)

tag
Springer
New Contributor

Knock Knock Knockin' on (GOOD) Credits Door - The Rebuilding Journey of Springer (Kyle)

I've been a member of this forum for just over a month now, and have learned more about credit than I have in years past.  in a few days, on January 31, I will be pulling all three of my credit reports and beginning my REAL rebuilding process.  I would like to keep a journal available to post methods and results that I use to have negative or incorrect  information removed from my reports, as well as how all activities such as new accounts and my UTIL effect my scores.  There are several people on here who have posted journals of their progress and it is not only very informational but also UBER motivational!  To all of you who share your knowledge I thank you, and to all of those just starting out, this is my way of "Paying It Forward" .  LETS DO THIS!!!

In The Garden Since 1/5/13

Starting Score: EQ FICO 627 CK 633 CS 630 (12/2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO-584: EX FICO (BofA, 12/17/2012): 538 :CK 578 :CS 630
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

Re: Knock Knock Knockin' on (GOOD) Credits Door - The Rebuilding Journey of Springer (Kyle)

Welcome Smiley Happy I am also on the rebuilding streak. Been rebuilding for 2 months now and Im telling you it feels good. Answering a collection call may sound scary but its really not. They will work with you and some are even nice because you have the power and decision whether to pay them or not. They dont need your financial history you just tell them when youll be able to pay them and theyll work with you in removing off credit report and payment history. I have an agency that I owed $5000, Settled for $3500 ( Wamu CC which is now Chase ) . and they accepted payments of $100 a month until its paid off plus they removed themselves off all my credit reports all I had to do is ask. If you are going to be pulling your scores and report every month I highly recommend opening a USAA savings account and get the 3 credit scores and report once a month for just $12.95. Its worth it. Keep us updated on your success and storied. happy gardening Smiley Happy

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 2 of 3
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Re: Knock Knock Knockin' on (GOOD) Credits Door - The Rebuilding Journey of Springer (Kyle)

@Springer wrote:

I've been a member of this forum for just over a month now, and have learned more about credit than I have in years past.  in a few days, on January 31, I will be pulling all three of my credit reports and beginning my REAL rebuilding process.  I would like to keep a journal available to post methods and results that I use to have negative or incorrect  information removed from my reports, as well as how all activities such as new accounts and my UTIL effect my scores.  There are several people on here who have posted journals of their progress and it is not only very informational but also UBER motivational!  To all of you who share your knowledge I thank you, and to all of those just starting out, this is my way of "Paying It Forward" .  LETS DO THIS!!!

I too have been here for s hort time,but learned so much (though I a still, by no means, an expert!). I learned more in this forum than anyone has ever taught me about finances and credit management. The users here have been UBER informative and incredibly motivational. It's the little things, like even looking at someone's siggy or lurking on the boards to see the progress. Since coming in, I cant go a day withoout the forums and I think I like it that way, at least until I know that I've also helped someone learn from my mistakes & my journey.  And thats what I think a lot of poeple on here believe too. The mods are so responsive and amazingly knowledgeable  - they do a great job at dishing real advice! I really enjoy readng thru ppl's journals and I look forward to reading thru yours as well!! Smiley Happy Let's keep this thing going!

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.