Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohl's Late Payment Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohl's Late Payment Removal

Not even sure if this is the right section but wanted to post the results I had so as to maybe assist others. On Aug 27th around 2am (I couldn't sleep trying to figure out what cards are eligible for CLI Lol) and I decided to try again to remove this 1 late payment I have with my Kohl's card. It is from April 2017 so not sure if it is even hurting my credit at this point but still just wanted to see if I could get it removed. I have sent around 4 letters over the last 2 years asking for a goodwill adjustment and was declined each time. I disputed with the bureau's a few times and each time it came back verified. I gave up and figured I would wait the 7 years for it to fall off. Then as I said I couldn't sleep and was on myfico reading about CLI's and came across a thread where someone mentioned emailing the CEO of Kohl's to get their lates removed. That just sounded kinda far fetched to me but I thought what could it really hurt? So I emailed both Kohl's and TD Bank (I also have a late on my Target card in April 2017). When I woke up I had a voicemail from Kohl's asking me to return their call. I returned the call on Aug 27th at around 1pm. I reached the person's voicemail and I left a message informing them I was returning their call. Aug 28th I wake up and I have a voicemail from the same person saying they are trying to reach me. I return this call around 10am and once again I get the voicemail of the person who called me. I leave a message about playing phone tag and all that jazz... 10 mins later she calls me back. When I answer she asks me to verify email and last four of my SS#. I do this and she says "Great! I just wanted to give you a courtesy call to inform you that I was able to "correct" your payment history and that the credit bureau's have up to 60 days to have it reflected on your report so in the meantime I sent you out a letter explaining that the late payment has been deleted in case you need it for the purpose of a mortgage or loan application". I thanked her and hung up. I really wasn't expecting them to remove this late and honestly don't think it will make a difference in my score or anything but it sure felt good to succeed. Lol! Hope this helps someone else.

P.S. I never did hear back from TD Bank so I will give it a few weeks and try again.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Kohl's Late Payment Removal

@Anonymous wrote:
Not even sure if this is the right section but wanted to post the results I had so as to maybe assist others. On Aug 27th around 2am (I couldn't sleep trying to figure out what cards are eligible for CLI Lol) and I decided to try again to remove this 1 late payment I have with my Kohl's card. It is from April 2017 so not sure if it is even hurting my credit at this point but still just wanted to see if I could get it removed. I have sent around 4 letters over the last 2 years asking for a goodwill adjustment and was declined each time.

I disputed with the bureau's a few times and each time it came back verified. I gave up and figured I would wait the 7 years for it to fall off. Then as I said I couldn't sleep and was on myfico reading about CLI's and came across a thread where someone mentioned emailing the CEO of Kohl's to get their lates removed. That just sounded kinda far fetched to me but I thought what could it really hurt? So I emailed both Kohl's and TD Bank (I also have a late on my Target card in April 2017). When I woke up I had a voicemail from Kohl's asking me to return their call. I returned the call on Aug 27th at around 1pm. I reached the person's voicemail and I left a message informing them I was returning their call. Aug 28th I wake up and I have a voicemail from the same person saying they are trying to reach me.

I return this call around 10am and once again I get the voicemail of the person who called me. I leave a message about playing phone tag and all that jazz... 10 mins later she calls me back. When I answer she asks me to verify email and last four of my SS#. I do this and she says "Great! I just wanted to give you a courtesy call to inform you that I was able to "correct" your payment history and that the credit bureau's have up to 60 days to have it reflected on your report so in the meantime I sent you out a letter explaining that the late payment has been deleted in case you need it for the purpose of a mortgage or loan application". I thanked her and hung up. I really wasn't expecting them to remove this late and honestly don't think it will make a difference in my score or anything but it sure felt good to succeed. Lol! Hope this helps someone else.

P.S. I never did hear back from TD Bank so I will give it a few weeks and try again.

Congrats. I broke up your post so mobile folks could read your great results! Good Luck with TD Bank!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mind sharing the email address you used for Kohls?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I had a late payment when I first got this card, it just completely slipped my mind. I called in and begged. They took it off and reversed the fee. I paid the card off when I called in, so I figured that’s what made them work with me
Message 4 of 8
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
 the late payment has been deleted in case you need it for the purpose of a mortgage or loan application".

Very Interesting!  Congrats on that one tooSmiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 8
OmarR
Established Contributor

Awesome!

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 6 of 8
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

Congrats on getting the late removed!!
My daughter has 2 late payments with Kohls over a year old. She has written 2 letters and then a 3rd attempt she sent an email to the CEO.
A couple days later she was contacted and told that they were unable to remove them at this time and to keep trying.
I guess she will send another email in a few months and see what happen.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad you were able to get your late removed, I received a response but It was just bs about how it can't be done. I'm going to keep trying though :/ eventually they'll cave. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.