Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls Pre-Qual question

tag
crrredit
Established Contributor

Kohls Pre-Qual question

When you get a Kohls prequalification pop-up online, if you go ahead and click on it and apply, do they then do a hard pull? Or is it like the Comenity SCT, where there's never a hard pull? If they do pull, which bureau do they use? I noticed it's with Cap One, and they pull all three for the Cap One cards.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kohls Pre-Qual question

@crrredit wrote:

When you get a Kohls prequalification pop-up online, if you go ahead and click on it and apply, do they then do a hard pull? Or is it like the Comenity SCT, where there's never a hard pull? If they do pull, which bureau do they use? I noticed it's with Cap One, and they pull all three for the Cap One cards.

I got mine from a mailer with an invitation code, and it was a HP.  each CLIs have been SP, but whose to say that won't change.  Seems to be a trend now to HP everything.   I believe they pulled EQ. 

Message 2 of 5
crrredit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@crrredit wrote:

I got mine from a mailer with an invitation code, and it was a HP.  each CLIs have been SP, but whose to say that won't change.  Seems to be a trend now to HP everything.   I believe they pulled EQ. 

Thanks for the info! That's what I figured about the hard pull. Figures EQ would be who they pull, since that's my low score currently. I'm moving at the end of the week. I think I'll just wait until I have my new address on my reports, etc. before doing anything else. I like Kohls, but sometimes you need an Excel spreadsheet to figure out their combination of Kohls money, % off and sale prices. I did just get a 40% online discount that I combined with my Chase card, which is currently offering bonus cash back on kohls purchases. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crrredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@crrredit wrote:

Thanks for the info! That's what I figured about the hard pull. Figures EQ would be who they pull, since that's my low score currently. I'm moving at the end of the week. I think I'll just wait until I have my new address on my reports, etc. before doing anything else. I like Kohls, but sometimes you need an Excel spreadsheet to figure out their combination of Kohls money, % off and sale prices. I did just get a 40% online discount that I combined with my Chase card, which is currently offering bonus cash back on kohls purchases. 

My score was bad when I got it almost 2 years ago.  I wasn't paying attention to my score,  so I don't have a clue what it was, but if I had to estimate it was between 590-610.  My starting limit was $300, but yours will probably be higher, but I think the card only goes up to $3k and I'm nearly there.  Oh, well.... there's always Macy's. 

Message 4 of 5
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

They pull EX for me in WI.
05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.