Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOL First Premier sent me a terrible offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL First Premier sent me a terrible offer

I just opened a pre-approval mailer from First Premier. By the end of the month, I'm not gonna need to even consider any below 600 cards, but just for laughs, I opened it.

Those clowns want to give me a 36% APR and $175 fee for the first year, hahahaha. Worst card offer I've ever received. Feels good to not even be tempted. They did offer $700, but c'mon. When there's cards like CapOne secured and Merrick's, why would anyone use one of these? I think CreditOne might even be better than this, oh man.

What's the ugliest card terms you've ever seen?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LOL First Premier sent me a terrible offer

Not sure anything is uglier than that....

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same offer I almost wrote on the envelope are y'all on Crack return to sender lol
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ Lolol. made me spit my juice out!

I've never heard of an offer that bad, OP.
Message 4 of 15
crrredit
Established Contributor

Worst I've seen is not a card, but an offer for a personal loan. The APR was 46%.

Message 5 of 15
hpotterfan77
Regular Contributor

LOL!  I just got a mailer from Surge M/C last night with a 30.26% APR and $125 AF with a SL of $500.  Um, no thanks.  I have 3 cards better than that.  I ripped it up into confetti and tossed it.  Ridiculous.

Starting Scores (9/19): EQ - 474/TU - 528/EX - 502
Current Scores (09/22): EQ - 617- TU - 638/EX - 647
Comenity M/C - $6730.00, BJs Perks MC - $2800.00, Credit One - $1200.00, Credit One - $800.00, NFCU -$6300.00, Care Credit - $5000.00, William Sonoma - $3500.00, Overstock - $4100.00, Pottery Barn - $2000.00>
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

YALL ON CRACK
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received a Verve card offer today, and the APR they want to charge is 30.24%. That's also with an annual fee of around $100 and an annual "maintenance" fee of $120. 

So to get $500 of credit, I'd have to pay about $220 (half the credit line) every year? Craaaaaaaack.

Message 8 of 15
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just opened a pre-approval mailer from First Premier. By the end of the month, I'm not gonna need to even consider any below 600 cards, but just for laughs, I opened it.

Those clowns want to give me a 36% APR and $175 fee for the first year, hahahaha. Worst card offer I've ever received. Feels good to not even be tempted. They did offer $700, but c'mon. When there's cards like CapOne secured and Merrick's, why would anyone use one of these? I think CreditOne might even be better than this, oh man.

What's the ugliest card terms you've ever seen?

Thats not a terrible offer, First Premier is just a terrible bank!

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the greatest benefits of going through the rebuilding process is that feeling of being selective again, not just in what you apply for/accept, but in what you even open. When you get a new offer from a historically-crappy card vendor, and you don't even open it, just send it straight to the shredder. "Nope, I'm past those days. Bye!"

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.