Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Collection Account servicer: Tate & Kirlin

tag
jesscastillo
Established Member

LVNV Collection Account servicer: Tate & Kirlin

Hello All,

I've been in the forums for quite sometime faithfully reading the forums for guidance on repairing and establising my credit. It has definitely been more than a challenge but the forums have been so helpful. Not proud of the following but after reading the forums I built up the courage to check my credit after ignoring it for 2+ years. Currently 10 months in and I've gotten about 4 Collections removed (only 1 paid) and I'm currently working on the last 5 remaining which are all PFD. I will be settling for less than the original amount.

LVNV has offered to settle for 40% of the balance due (yay!) if I pay in 1 payment 'Pay all at once for the biggest savings!" and of course that percentage goes up per the number of payments. I've been putting money aside for the last 6 weeks to settle but I recently got a letter from Tate & Kirlin that the account has been referred to them and that they offered to settle for 30%. I immediately called LVNV since I know they now do PFD (as of recently) and offered to pay them directly but they said that they cannot settle for 30%. I then asked if I pay Tate & Kirlin will they PFD? and suprisingly agent assured me that it will be DELETED within 30-45. I'm so happy and grateful, I will keep update this forum once that happens.

Starting Score: 429
Current Score: 585
Goal Score: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: LVNV Collection Account servicer: Tate & Kirlin

Thats cool. Keep us updated on if it does go thru as promised for future references. Congrats on getting CA free!

Message 2 of 6
jesscastillo
Established Member

FYI: It got deleted from all 3 Bureaus!!! 

Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I'm also looking to get this collection account removed from my credit report, and was wondering if you communicated via snail mail or phone to come to an agreement for the PFD? I'm happy to do this over the phone as I've saved up enough money to pay in full (obviously will offer 30-40% first), but given the COVID-19 pandemic and many people working from home, I'd rather have it quickly resolved over the phone versus wait months and month for snail mail.

Thoughts?

Message 5 of 6
jesscastillo
Established Member

Hi and thank you! 

I also think now is the time to negotiate PFD. I first checked online how much they're willing to settle before I decided to call them. This is the website https://portal.resurgent.com/account/summary and phone number is 1 (888) 665-0374 from my understanding if they have owned the debt for over 2 years they will settle and delete. But please call I find that to be the best option.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.