Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Defeated!!!

tag
Jasbrek
Established Member

LVNV Defeated!!!

Got this today from the BBB, I sent a complaint about never recieving a dunning letter and also incorrect reporting due to them reporting as 120+ days late absent of them having any kind of contract with me and no set payment date.

This letter is in response to Mr. Keith’s complaint dated January 20, 2013.  We apologize for our delayed response. LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns the account number ending in 2309. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of the account owned by LVNV. 

After further investigation, the following account has been closed. A request to delete the LVNV tradeline will be submitted to the three major consumer reporting agencies during the next reporting cycle. Please allow 30-45 days for this update to occur.  We apologize for any inconvenience experienced regarding this account. Additionally, Mr. Keith should receive no further communication from our office regarding this account.

Acct No. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      Reference No. xxxxxxxxx           Original Creditor: xxxxxxxxxxx

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374.

Sincerely,

P. Holladay

Compliance Department                                     

Resurgent Capital Services

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: LVNV Defeated!!!

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 13
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Happy Dance!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 13
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Congrats!! Wish I had the same results with my BBB compliant. Reviewed a response but was basically told to file out the identity theft form. I responded back stating I was not claiming identity left I was requesting DV. Haven't heard anything back since my rebuttal and all emails to BBB have gone unanswered.

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
426MW
New Contributor

Congrats!  Now take a big swig out of the brown bottle to celebrate your victory!

Starting Score: EQ 553 - TU 569 8-24-12
1-4-13 Scores: EQ 645 - TU 675
3-25-13 Lender pull EQ 646 - TU 687 - EX 647
Goal Score: 700 Across the board before 6-13

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi congratulations! I'm new to this forum and have been reading the advise given on many LVNV success threads. I followed their advise and filed a complaint with the BBB in SC. I wrote that I'm not asking for them to prove they own the debt, I am want to find out if the debt is mine. I received a response today stating they own the account and the account was previously sold by Capital One. They claim to have confirmed with Firstsource Advantage that they mailed an initial notice on March 4, 2008, which is not true. They go on to say that a negative notice was mailed on May 5, 2008 which is not true. Lastly, they also included Capital One statements in pdf format with their BBB response.

This letter is in response to your correspondence dated February 25, 2013 regarding the above referenced account. LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns the account number ending in [redacted]. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of the account owned by LVNV.  The account was previously sold by Capital One Bank (USA), N.A. (“Capital One”) on or about February 28, 2008. As of the date of this communication, the account balance is $1,596.21.  Please review the following account information:

1. This account originated on September 17, 2004 with Capital One.
  2. This account charged off on February 5, 2008 with a balance of $1,005.04.
  3. The last payment in the amount of $15.00 was received on June 25, 2007.
  4. No payments have been received on this account since Resurgent started servicing in on February 28, 2008.
  5. Enclosed are bill statements on file for this account.

Resurgent utilizes third party collection agencies to collect on its behalf. This account was placed with Firstsource Advantage on March 4, 2008 for collections. We have confirmed with their office that an initial notice was mailed to Ms. [redacted] on March 6, 2008.  A negative reporting notice was mailed to Ms. [redacted] on May 5, 2008.

In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, a request to update the LVNV tradeline as disputed will be submitted to the three major consumer reporting agencies during the next reporting cycle.

I don't know how to proceed from this point. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Message 6 of 13
Kixforpa
Contributor

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.Holladay also deleted my tradelines this week!

~Rebuilding Our Lives~
Message 7 of 13
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@ matrix, you should have sent a DV letter to the CA first. It looks like they verified the whole account...only way to get rid of it will be to pay them.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ DaBears they NEVER sent me a dunning letter. LVNV/Resurgent did not include one LVNV statement, not even a signed LVNV credit contract in my name to satisfy my BBB complaint. I may need to hire a collection defense attorney and sue the crap out of them. SOL has already expired.

Message 9 of 13
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi congratulations! I'm new to this forum and have been reading the advise given on many LVNV success threads. I followed their advise and filed a complaint with the BBB in SC. I wrote that I'm not asking for them to prove they own the debt, I am want to find out if the debt is mine. I received a response today stating they own the account and the account was previously sold by Capital One. They claim to have confirmed with Firstsource Advantage that they mailed an initial notice on March 4, 2008, which is not true. They go on to say that a negative notice was mailed on May 5, 2008 which is not true. Lastly, they also included Capital One statements in pdf format with their BBB response.

This letter is in response to your correspondence dated February 25, 2013 regarding the above referenced account. LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns the account number ending in [redacted]. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of the account owned by LVNV.  The account was previously sold by Capital One Bank (USA), N.A. (“Capital One”) on or about February 28, 2008. As of the date of this communication, the account balance is $1,596.21.  Please review the following account information:

1. This account originated on September 17, 2004 with Capital One.
  2. This account charged off on February 5, 2008 with a balance of $1,005.04.
  3. The last payment in the amount of $15.00 was received on June 25, 2007.
  4. No payments have been received on this account since Resurgent started servicing in on February 28, 2008.
  5. Enclosed are bill statements on file for this account.

Resurgent utilizes third party collection agencies to collect on its behalf. This account was placed with Firstsource Advantage on March 4, 2008 for collections. We have confirmed with their office that an initial notice was mailed to Ms. [redacted] on March 6, 2008.  A negative reporting notice was mailed to Ms. [redacted] on May 5, 2008.

In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, a request to update the LVNV tradeline as disputed will be submitted to the three major consumer reporting agencies during the next reporting cycle.

I don't know how to proceed from this point. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

The only time they would send a dunning notice is when they made contact with you, by law they have 5 days to send it. Looks like they never called you and you noticed the collection on your credit reports. I'm still trying to understand why you submitted a BBB complaint as a DV? They don't have to tell you they are putting a colletion your reports. Can you post the actual TL? What was the reason to dispute the CO? Was it not reporting correctly?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.