Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding Collection. Who to Pay?

tag
kflo01
Contributor

LVNV Funding Collection. Who to Pay?

I have an LVNV funding collection that I want to pay. Of course, they farmed it out to Resurgent who in turn farmed it out to D & A Services, LLC. I created login accounts on both web sites and both are showing the same correct balance. 

When im ready to pay this who should i pay for faster updating results. Resurgent or D & A Services? I am leaning toward Resurgent since they  are "above" D & A Services and they state on their web site they delete after payment same a LVNV.

What are your thoughts.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: LVNV Funding Collection. Who to Pay?

@kflo01 wrote:

I have an LVNV funding collection that I want to pay. Of course, they farmed it out to Resurgent who in turn farmed it out to D & A Services, LLC. I created login accounts on both web sites and both are showing the same correct balance. 

When im ready to pay this who should i pay for faster updating results. Resurgent or D & A Services? I am leaning toward Resurgent since they  are "above" D & A Services and they state on their web site they delete after payment same a LVNV.

What are your thoughts.

My guess? i'll bet they are all owned by Sherman Financial Group - Resurgent and LVNV are for sure. So they are just bouncing this debt around, which is standard practice for them. It appears "farmed" but ultimately it's the same place.

Who (if any) are reporting this debt to the CRAs right now? You could call Resurgent and see if they would take payment.

I have no idea who D&S is but LVNV and Resurgent are common players here on this forum.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 4
kflo01
Contributor

The report is showing LVNV funding. On LVNV's web site they state they use Resurgent to collect for them. 

So it looks like Resurgent has now turned around and subcontracted to D & Q.

Message 3 of 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@kflo01 wrote:

The report is showing LVNV funding. On LVNV's web site they state they use Resurgent to collect for them. 

So it looks like Resurgent has now turned around and subcontracted to D & Q.

I would try to see if Resurgent will take the payment. D&S seems to be a collector who works on behalf of others, and if they are not reporting, you will have a good chance of them not reporting if you pay Resurgent timely. Then, as Resurgent and LVNV is one and the same, the LVNV account should be deleted per their policy.

That is how I would handle this one.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.