cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding (PayPal) - Collection Acct.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV Funding (PayPal) - Collection Acct.

This loan was purchased by LVNV from the original GEMB PayPal account.  This date was November 2007.  The amount past due is showing $1445.    This is a collection account.

Any advice ?  Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: LVNV Funding (PayPal) - Collection Acct.

You are within SOL. Once that time has passed or if you have all the $$$ saved up, then DV them and if validated to your liking, then offer a PFD.
Message 2 of 5
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

I live in Louisiana too. I recently sent a DV to LVNV and disputed with CRA because they were reporting a MCI collection for $182 on my DH report from several years ago. They had re-aged it also. They did not respond to my DV but the collection has since been removed from EX & TU but still showing on EQ.

I searched the Louisiana Secretary of State website to see if they were licensed and they are licensed as a LLC but not a Collection Agency. I think they have to be licensed as a CA. The LLC has an effective date of 3/17/07. They were reporting on my CRA well before that so that was a violation.

You may want to do some research or call around to see what to do if they are not licensed in the state.

You can look up others as well on this website.

http://www400.sos.louisiana.gov/app1/paygate/crpinq.jsp
Message 3 of 5
jsk300
Regular Contributor

You probably would have better luck DV'ing Resurgent.  I DV'd LVNV 3 times on an account they were reporting on my CRs, they never replied.  I finally sent complaint to BBB for Resurgent (LVNV's collector) and they responded by saying they would be removing their trade lines from all my CR's and would no longer attempt to collect or sell this so called debt they say I owed to them.  Recent pulls of my credit reports / FICOs indicate the suspect account is no longer reporting.
TU 673 EX (720 Credit score) EQ 690 (08/2009)
TU 698 EQ 697 EX ?? (07/2010)
Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

wahmom wrote:
I live in Louisiana too. I recently sent a DV to LVNV and disputed with CRA because they were reporting a MCI collection for $182 on my DH report from several years ago. They had re-aged it also. They did not respond to my DV but the collection has since been removed from EX & TU but still showing on EQ.

I searched the Louisiana Secretary of State website to see if they were licensed and they are licensed as a LLC but not a Collection Agency. I think they have to be licensed as a CA. The LLC has an effective date of 3/17/07. They were reporting on my CRA well before that so that was a violation.

You may want to do some research or call around to see what to do if they are not licensed in the state.

You can look up others as well on this website.

http://www400.sos.louisiana.gov/app1/paygate/crpinq.jsp

Found some info.

Per licensing, I read LA's statute as this: a CA is one who collects on behalf of LA's clients (OCs) and a CA is one who works out of LA. So, if you live in Kansas and you owe $$$ to LSU for a parking ticket, and the CA is in NY, the NY CA must register in LA to collect in KS. Weird, huh. This is the only state that I know of that does this.

Sect. 3534.1A:

For purposes of this Section, "collection agency" and "debt collector" are synonymous and interchangeable terms and mean any person, other than a licensed Louisiana attorney, who uses any instrumentality of intrastate or interstate commerce or the mails in any business the principal purpose of which is the collection of any debts, or who regularly collects or attempts to collect, directly or indirectly, debts owed or due or asserted to be owed or due another, and relative to Louisiana clients, notwithstanding the fact that such person has no employees, offices, equipment, or other physical facilities in this state, or any person who regularly attempts to collect, directly or indirectly, debts owed or due, or asserted to be owed or due another, and who is located in the state regardless of whether the person has Louisiana clients.

Also, you must DV before defending a potential judgment in court (3534.1E)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.