Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding - Removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV Funding - Removed

Hi All - this is my first post but putting it out there for information. I recently started rebuilding per this forum. I had a charge off from creditone that was sold to LVNV - I got good will from Credit One before paying LVNV off. LVNV was tougher to negotiate with - so I reached a a payment settlement with them. Once the debt was paid, I disputed the information on Transunion and was just informed that it has been removed from all three credit reports.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: LVNV Funding - Removed

Congrats, that's great and pretty rare! 

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - the next few items I need to tackle are:

1) Raymour Flanigan debt sold to Simon's Agency: $2500. I can pay it off ASAP but am trying to get  PFD - no luck so far but now I am thinking of taking same approach. Pay and then dispute. Any thoughts?

2) 3 late payments on Capital One. The account was not charged off but I closed it recently. Its fully paid and current but the lates are from 2017.

4) A verizon collection from 2014 which is due to fall off in 2021 July. I have actually tried calling them to pay this off but for some reason they can no longer accept a payment.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Message 3 of 16
swpopham
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1) Raymour Flanigan debt sold to Simon's Agency: $2500. I can pay it off ASAP but am trying to get  PFD - no luck so far but now I am thinking of taking same approach. Pay and then dispute. Any thoughts?

2) 3 late payments on Capital One. The account was not charged off but I closed it recently. Its fully paid and current but the lates are from 2017.

4) A verizon collection from 2014 which is due to fall off in 2021 July. I have actually tried calling them to pay this off but for some reason they can no longer accept a payment.

If you make a payment the SOL starts over and now the date of last activity will be 8/2019 which means it remains on your credit till 8/2026 so I would say either get a good will, a Pay for delete or just leave it be.... before you reset the clock on it

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh - thanks so much! I did not realize that making a payment extends the SOL. I am preparing to buy a condo in 2021. My verizon should fall off by then. What sould I do with the Raymour Flanigan / Simon's Agency debt then. I would love to get a PFD but they dont respond. Should I just let it be too in that case? That is due to fall off in 2022

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't listen to that guy, a quick Google search will tell you they have no idea what they are talking about.

You may reset SOL but that's for being sued, nothing you do will or can reset the clock for it falling off.
Message 6 of 16
vntrsc
Frequent Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you make a payment the SOL starts over and now the date of last activity will be 8/2019 which means it remains on your credit till 8/2026 so I would say either get a good will, a Pay for delete or just leave it be.... before you reset the clock on it

That is not correct.  The 7-year reporting period is based upon the date of first delinquency, not the date of last activity.  Making a payment will not cause the entry to remain on the credit report for another 7 years.  

Message 7 of 16
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1) Raymour Flanigan debt sold to Simon's Agency: $2500. I can pay it off ASAP but am trying to get  PFD - no luck so far but now I am thinking of taking same approach. Pay and then dispute. Any thoughts? Never heard of these guys. So no predictions here. They may just have it reported as accurate.

2) 3 late payments on Capital One. The account was not charged off but I closed it recently. Its fully paid and current but the lates are from 2017. Cap1 with GW letters and disputes isnt going to do much. They aren't known to be so forgiving in the late dpartment.

4) A verizon collection from 2014 which is due to fall off in 2021 July. I have actually tried calling them to pay this off but for some reason they can no longer accept a payment. Verizon has their own internal collections department. If they dont collect. Then they sell it to a CA. Check your reports and see who owns the debt now. And another that wont delete.

Congrats on LVNV. Dont expect the same results each time by disputing. You dont want to dispute Cap1. They may update some other items and cause more damage. If they are 30 day lates. They lose all their sting after a couple years which is close for you now. Time will do the rest. Good Luck!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all. So my plan is to pay off the Simon's Agency debt and keep my utilizations low + not apply for any more cards. I will let the Verizon debt drop off and try get an EE. 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I have the same issue with Credit One and LVNV. I have perfect payment history for the last 6 months but LVNV is dragging me down.  Would you mind telling me how you achieved this?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.