Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding - Removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LVNV Funding - Removed

LVNV is my last collectiona ccount, It is paid in full however I am unable to get them to remove it since they don't accept PFD. With that being said may I ask what you disputed so I can give it a shot? Could anything bad happen from disputing it since its paid in full?

Message 11 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  a lot of bad things can happen when disputing valid reporting, and I am pretty sure this was covered in your previous threads. 

I am glad it worked out for OP, but it does not work for majority of people. 

Again, if it comes back as verified, your score will drop because update to negative account makes delinquency appear more recent for scoring purposes.

You're however more than welcome to try. If anything, it will provide some interesting data points. 

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to commment on the lates to Capitalone... I had a similar situation but they closed and I just found out thanks to this forum that I can send in a letter explainiing why I had the lates, with proof and Capitalone not only removed all teh lates from my reports but they also reopened my account addig to the length of my credit file. It is worth a shot, I sent an email with supporting documents explaining all my lates and they sent me letters informing me that all would be deleted.

Message 13 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted to commment on the lates to Capitalone... I had a similar situation but they closed and I just found out thanks to this forum that I can send in a letter explainiing why I had the lates, with proof and Capitalone not only removed all teh lates from my reports but they also reopened my account addig to the length of my credit file. It is worth a shot, I sent an email with supporting documents explaining all my lates and they sent me letters informing me that all would be deleted.

Wow, congrats on this.

Message 14 of 16
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Another success that happens one out of a 1000 requests. Good job! And congrats!

Message 15 of 16
hollowtipnwk
Valued Member

I recently paid a collection with LVNV and they automatically deleted it from my CR. The original creditor was still there tho, which I disputed and had removed. 

I would say contact LVNV and see if they can delete it. I called and spoke to a rep

Starting Score:473 1/25/2020
TU 582 EQ 540 EX 585 as of 5/4/2020
Current Score:TU 627 EQ 612 EX 595 as of 6/12/2020
Goal Score: 790

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Cap1 QS $750 | NFCU Cash Rewards $4500 | Citi (sec) $200 | Discover It (sec) $300 | BOA (sec) $300 | MJC $5000 | NCD $5000

Gardening goal is >= 6 months (starting June 2020)
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.