Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding success!!

tag
amz1121
Valued Member

Re: LVNV Funding success!!

Thanks for this post, I filed my complaint with the BBB yesterday.  I hope to have both accounts with LVNV removed from my credit report also!

Message 41 of 74
skrencis
Established Member

I have LVNV on my credit report and once I asked for verification I have never received anything from them, except their increase the balance owed by $250 each month.  I have submitted a BBB complaint after reading through these threads.  

Message 42 of 74
howiez28
New Contributor

My BBB complaint was unsuccessful thus far Smiley Sad

I filed it on 5/16, heard back on 5/30 and rejected it on 6/4.  Still keeping my fingers crossed but a bit bummed out.  The wait is excruciating.

Message 43 of 74
howiez28
New Contributor

Question for those that have filed bbb complaint.

Once you rejected the first response, did you ever get a message stating that the BBB sent the rejection to the business?  I have another complaint that I rejected on 5/24 and it stills says that the BBB is reviewing it. 

Message 44 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did it take for LVNV to respond to your bbb rejection?

Message 45 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took the advice on this thread and disputed my 2 LVNV tradelines with the BBB on June 7. Today - I got my response and I couldn't be happier!!!  

Now I just can't wait for them to report and delete! Would love to see a bump!

This letter is in response to your correspondence dated June 7, 2012 regarding the referenced consumer.  LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) owns two accounts for Tru2mee2002.  Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the master servicer of accounts owned by LVNV. These accounts were purchased from the previous creditors and all rights to collect were transferred at that time.  Please review the following account information:

Account No. XXXX       Reference No. XXXX                  Previous Creditor: GE

1. GE Capital advised that this account originated on October 9, 2006 and was opened with Wal-Mart.
  2. This account charged off on December 14, 2007 with a balance of $275.04.
  3. This account was purchased from GE on December 28, 2007 with a balance of $607.15.
  4. No payments have been received since LVNV’s acquisition in December 2007.
  5. The current balance of this account is $0.00. 

Account No. XXXX       Reference No. XXXX                  Previous Creditor: MHC

1. MHC Receivables LLC (“MHC”) advised that this account originated on April 2, 2008 and was opened with Credit One Bank, N.A.
  2. This account charged off on November 8, 2009 with a balance of $678.21.
  3. This account was purchased from MHC on December 10, 2009 with a balance of $678.21
  4. MHC advised the last payment in the amount of $50.00 was received on March 29, 2009.
  5. No payments have been received since LVNV’s acquisition in December 2009.
  6. The current balance of this account is $0.00.

After further investigation, these accounts have been closed. A request to delete the LVNV tradelines will be submitted to the three major consumer reporting agencies during the next reporting cycle. Please allow 30-45 days for this update to occur. We apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused Tru2mee2002. Additionally, Tru2mee2002 should receive no further communication from our office regarding these accounts.

If we do not receive additional information from you within 45 days of the date this letter is received, then we will assume this dispute is resolved.  If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374.

Message 46 of 74
skrencis
Established Member

I filed my complaint against LVNV Funding on June 7 with BBB and have not heard anything.  Amazing what this company does to consumer's credit....

Message 47 of 74
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@skrencis wrote:

I filed my complaint against LVNV Funding on June 7 with BBB and have not heard anything.  Amazing what this company does to consumer's credit....

It took a little while to get a response from the BBB for me, maybe a week or so?

I bet you will get something back Friday this week

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 48 of 74
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Just submitted my claim, hoping that the account gets removed, we'll see in a few days. Thank everyone for their advice. Smiley Happy

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 49 of 74
wreith
Frequent Contributor

I have them hitting my CS on all three CRB's.  I filed a dispute with the CRB's, should I also fine a complaint with BBB and if so what should my complaint contain? 

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 50 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.