cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Reporting incorrect info...what should I do?

tag
aubie
Contributor

LVNV Reporting incorrect info...what should I do?

I have recently took a closer look at my equifax report and noticed that I have a collection account with BofA, but it was sold to LVNV. I looked and noticed that the DOLA and the date of last payment is different between the both of them. BofA has both entries correct, but LVNV is totally wrong. It looks as though LVNV has reaged some things. What is the best way to dispute and attempt to correct this? Should I submit to them a DV. Oh and why do they have the account listed as a Factoring Company Account? Is this bad? Please help! I was trying to wait this out, but 2010 is a long.

Thanks!

Bank of America?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comSmiley SurprisedfficeSmiley Surprisedffice" />

4060 Ogletown Stanton Rd
Newark, DE-197133102
(800) 421-2110

Account Number:

XXXX 

Current Status:

CHARGE-OFF 

Account Owner:

Individual Account. 

High Credit:

$0  

Type of Account ?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />:

Revolving

Credit Limit:

$10,200  

Term Duration:

Terms Frequency:

Monthly (due every month) 

Date Opened:

2002/06 

Balance:

$0  

Date Reported:

07/2006 

Amount Past Due:

$0 

Date of Last Payment:

10/2003 

Actual Payment Amount:

$0  

Scheduled Payment Amount:

$0  

Date of Last Activity:

N/A

Date Major Delinquency First Reported:

04/2004 

Months Reviewed:

Creditor Classification:

Activity Description:

Transfer/Sold 

Charge Off Amount:

$10,133  

Deferred Payment Start Date:

Balloon Payment Amount:

$0  

Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed:

Type of Loan:

Credit Card 

Date of First Delinquency:

10/2003 

Comments:

Charged off account  

LVNV FUNDING LLC

PO Box 10584
Greenville, SC-296030584
(866) 464-1183

Account Number:

XXXX 

Current Status:

COLLECTION ACCOUNT 

Account Owner:

Individual Account. 

High Credit:

$11,703  

Type of Account :

Open

Credit Limit:

$0  

Term Duration:

Terms Frequency:

Date Opened:

Balance:

$12,928  

Date Reported:

06/2008 

Amount Past Due:

$12,928 

Date of Last Payment:

06/2005 

Actual Payment Amount:

$0  

Scheduled Payment Amount:

$0  

Date of Last Activity:

N/A

Date Major Delinquency First Reported:

Months Reviewed:

Creditor Classification:

Financial 

Activity Description:

N/A 

Charge Off Amount:

$0  

Deferred Payment Start Date:

Balloon Payment Amount:

$0  

Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed:

Type of Loan:

Factoring Company Account (debt purchaser) 

Date of First Delinquency:

04/2003 

Comments:

Collection account  

My friends, my family, my FICO!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
aubie
Contributor

Re: LVNV Reporting incorrect info...what should I do?

By the way, these came with the same account number, I just erased them because I was posting this info on the forum.
Message 2 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I see no re-aging.  Both accounts are showing DOFD of 2003.  The OC and one CA  can both be on your CR.  If the OC sold the account to the CA, they must show a 0 balance and they are.

It is a little difficult to keep up with your post due to its length.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 07-04-2008 09:04 PM

Message Edited by guiness56 on 07-04-2008 09:06 PM
Message 3 of 8
aubie
Contributor

guiness56 wrote:
I see no re-aging.  Both accounts are showing DOFD of 2003.  The OC and one CA  can both be on your CR.  If the OC sold the account to the CA, they must show a 0 balance and they are.

It is a little difficult to keep up with your post due to its length.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 07-04-2008 09:04 PM

Message Edited by guiness56 on 07-04-2008 09:06 PM

Thanks!

I realize that both accounts can be on my CR if one sold the account to another and showing a zero balance.  I also realize that they are both reporting the DOFD of 2003 (even though there is a six month difference between that date). What I am questioning is the fact that LVNV is showing date of last payment of 6/2005 and BofA is indicating that it is 10/2003. Does the date of last payment even matter? I DID NOT make a payment in 2005. My last payment was at the end of 2003. Should one primarily focus on DOFD?  The DOFD is what one looks at to determine SOL...right? I am in GA and SOL is 4 yrs. I apologize for all of the questions but I am extremely new at this and looking for a little guidance.Smiley Happy

Thanks!
Message 4 of 8
oracles
Valued Contributor

you look at DOFD when you are judging when the tradeline comes off. If the DOFD is 6/2003 then it will come off 7-7.5 years from that date. If you check your TU report, sometimes they have when the drop off date will occur. However that does not mean it will drop off the same time for every CRA, because they all might have different dates. You want to look at Date of last activity = DOLA. Whenever that time is, that is the time you look when concerning yourself with SOL. Example - DOLA is 1/2003, then for you, since SOL is 4 years, you now have a defense of SOL 1/2007. Now they can still sue you because CA are tricky and they are hoping you will not show up in court. You must still show up in court and use SOL as your defense. If you don't show up, then you will lose and have a judgement against you. hopes this helps
Message 5 of 8
oracles
Valued Contributor

FYI - forgot to tell you, Date of last payment means nothing. Concern yourself with what i said previously
Message 6 of 8
aubie
Contributor

oracles wrote:
you look at DOFD when you are judging when the tradeline comes off. If the DOFD is 6/2003 then it will come off 7-7.5 years from that date. If you check your TU report, sometimes they have when the drop off date will occur. However that does not mean it will drop off the same time for every CRA, because they all might have different dates. You want to look at Date of last activity = DOLA. Whenever that time is, that is the time you look when concerning yourself with SOL. Example - DOLA is 1/2003, then for you, since SOL is 4 years, you now have a defense of SOL 1/2007. Now they can still sue you because CA are tricky and they are hoping you will not show up in court. You must still show up in court and use SOL as your defense. If you don't show up, then you will lose and have a judgement against you. hopes this helps

Thanks oracles, this does help. One last question for you Oracles or anyone, if there is no DOLA ( as you can see from my initial equifax CR post - DOLA = N/A) how can I find this out? In determining the SOL is it DOLA for all credit agencies or DOLA for Equifax and something else for Tranu and Exp?

Thanks again for all you help, I really do appreciate it.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO, when you are wanting DOLA for SOL purposes, you don't want to pay attention to what the CR say.

DOLA for SOL purposes would be when you made last payment, when you used the account last, in some states when you last acknowledged the debt, etc

So find out what resets SOL in your state and then determine when the last time you did any of those things on the account and base SOL from that date.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.