Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV SUCCESS! BBB Complaint worked

tag
Vtso4
Established Member

LVNV SUCCESS! BBB Complaint worked

So after reading success stories on myfico forums, I filed a complaint to the BBB about LVNV. I said I never received a dunning letter from LVNV. I requested that my tradeline be removed from all 3 major credit beaureaus and they delete my account. I also requested they not sell the account to any other collection agency and I asked for a email/letter to make sure the complaint is resolved.

I filed the complaint on May 2nd and got a response yesterday saying that LVNV submitted a request to delete all tradelines from the 3 credit beaureaus for May 20th.

Thanks myfico crew.

4 baddies down, 4 to go.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Re: LVNV SUCCESS! BBB Complaint worked

Way to go!!!!

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 2 of 9
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Vtso4 wrote:

So after reading success stories on myfico forums, I filed a complaint to the BBB about LVNV. I said I never received a dunning letter from LVNV. I requested that my tradeline be removed from all 3 major credit beaureaus and they delete my account. I also requested they not sell the account to any other collection agency and I asked for a email/letter to make sure the complaint is resolved.

I filed the complaint on May 2nd and got a response yesterday saying that LVNV submitted a request to delete all tradelines from the 3 credit beaureaus for May 20th.

Thanks myfico crew.

4 baddies down, 4 to go.

congrats! I saw mine fall off 9 days after the 20th date deletion request.. feels good yeah?! haha

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 9
Vtso4
Established Member

Thanks!

Yeah it feels great. How often do you check your report to know that it dropped off after 9 days?

Message 4 of 9
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Vtso4 wrote:

Thanks!

Yeah it feels great. How often do you check your report to know that it dropped off after 9 days?

I check every day. I use truecredit.com and I get one transunion pull every day.

-scott

Message 5 of 9
howiez28
New Contributor

Congrats!  That's great news.  If I may ask, how old was the account and did it have a high balance?

Message 6 of 9
Vtso4
Established Member

It had a 0 balance and it was due to fall off in may of 2014

Message 7 of 9
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@howiez28 wrote:

Congrats!  That's great news.  If I may ask, how old was the account and did it have a high balance?

The account was from 2006, and had a balance of 500ish..

Mine had a DOFD of 2006. I honestly was unsure about this debt. I know thats the standard response, but people who have been around this forum the last year know I am not a BSer.. I truly didn't know what the OC was.. It hit immediately after I ran my credit for a home loan. I sent a DV, and it bounced back as undeliverable, and I never recieved a dunning notification.

I used those as ammunition in my BBB compaint; and they agreed to 'close the account and delete the reporting'  -- Took about 3 weeks from start to finish

-scott

Message 8 of 9
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

Awesome

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.