LVNV Slayed!!

MESSAGE FROM BUSINESS:

January 19, 2013

BBB Rep

Greenville, SC 29601-2164

RE:       426MW; Case/File No. 00000

Reference Number: 000000

Dear BBB Rep:

This letter is in response to the additional concerns 426MW submitted on January 14, 2013. LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns the account number ending in 0000. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of the account owned by LVNV. 

After further investigation, the following account has been closed. A request to delete the LVNV tradeline will be submitted to the three major consumer reporting agencies during the next reporting cycle. Please allow 30-45 days for this update to occur.  We apologize for any inconvenience experienced regarding this account. Additionally, 426MW should receive no further communication from our office regarding this account.

Acct No. xxxxxxxxxxxx0000      Reference No. 000000           Original Creditor: Some Bank, N.A.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374.

Sincerely,

LVNV, Resurgent, and all other names they go by....

Compliance Department                                     

Resurgent Capital Services L.P.

What a great message to read!!  It can be done folks, just stay the course!  One giant down, now on to Midland....... Smiley Surprised

Starting Score: EQ 553 - TU 569 8-24-12
1-4-13 Scores: EQ 645 - TU 675
3-25-13 Lender pull EQ 646 - TU 687 - EX 647
Goal Score: 700 Across the board before 6-13

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: LVNV Slayed!!

Nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 20
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 3 of 20
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Win.  Very nice!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey! 

Struggling with LVNV myself, I know every situation is unique, just wondering how you beat them?

Message 5 of 20
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I hope that your complaint centered on their practice of reporting as a creditor, and thus having an installment loan obligation with the consumer?

It would be great to know if they are backing off of that tactic!

Message 6 of 20
426MW
New Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

I hope that your complaint centered on their practice of reporting as a creditor, and thus having an installment loan obligation with the consumer?

It would be great to know if they are backing off of that tactic!

That was not the full basis of my complaint.  I had sent multiple DV letters that went unanswered.  I disputed them with CRA's several times to no avail and they kept reporting back that everything was correct and being reported correctly.  They rebutted to my initial submission with a copy of the dunning letter they supposedley sent me, which had an incorrect address on it.  I knew I had a shot after seeing that.  I also requested through the BBB the MOV for the debt and received the above answer from them.  I'd be happy to PM that rebuttal letter to anyone interested in fighting these SOB's.

Starting Score: EQ 553 - TU 569 8-24-12
1-4-13 Scores: EQ 645 - TU 675
3-25-13 Lender pull EQ 646 - TU 687 - EX 647
Goal Score: 700 Across the board before 6-13

Message 7 of 20
Jasbrek
Established Member

I would like that pm, I recently filed a dispute much along the same lines and could use a good reference if a rebuttal is required.

Message 8 of 20
jmco
Contributor

would love a pm with that rebuttal, please......

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just recieved a letter from these guys and have no idea what to do! I have a credit monitor through equifax to kinda help me rebuild credit and see where all the bad stuff is. 

The problem is that lvnv did not show up on my list of bad credit. I'm sure the debt is mine, but i was unable to track it down when i wanted to pay it. Debt is old, at least 7 years.

what am i missing? Can some one point me in a direction for help?

i want a success letter Smiley Happy

thanks

blunderbust

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.